Gibson Brands Forums

3:10 to Yuma - Frankie Laine Cover- video

flatbaroque

Gday all. When I was a young bloke of about 15 I had a relative..uncle once removed..who went to join the priesthood. One of the happy outcomes of him finding religion was he gave me and others in the family his record collection. I got a bunch of Decca 45's of early Stones singles..Paint it Black, 2000 Light Years from Home, Mother's little helper, Lady Jane etc.

That was great. What was also a bonus was I got Frankie Laine's HELL BENT FOR LEATHER. Loved it as a 15 year old and love it now."Gunfight at OK corral, Cool Water, Bowie Knife, High Noon etc.

Here's a pared down version of 3:10 to Yuma...without the lush production, backing singers and Frankie's great voice.

Hope you enjoy...or don't hate it anyway. [biggrin]

Gday all. When I was a young bloke of about 15 I had a relative..uncle once removed..who went to join the priesthood. One of the happy outcomes of him finding religion was he gave me and others in the family his record collection. I got a bunch of Decca 45's of early Stones singles..Paint it Black, 2000 Light Years from Home, Mother's little helper, Lady Jane etc.

That was great. What was also a bonus was I got Frankie Laine's HELL BENT FOR LEATHER. Loved it as a 15 year old and love it now."Gunfight at OK corral, Cool Water, Bowie Knife, High Noon etc.

Here's a pared down version of 3:10 to Yuma...without the lush production, backing singers and Frankie's great voice.

Hope you enjoy...or don't hate it anyway. [biggrin]

totally unfamiliar with frankie laine , i've heard the name but thats about it . going to youtube now to see what the story is .

what a great song ! well done mr baroque

totally unfamiliar with frankie laine , i've heard the name but thats about it . going to youtube now to see what the story is .

what a great song ! well done mr baroque

cheers old chap. Frankie was a crooner in the '50's who sort of had a second career singing gunfighter ballads..when Westerns became big...his real name is I think a Russian -Jewish moniker, too lazy to google. So he was sort of a manufactured cowboy...but they were great songs and arrangements.

edit...sorry I was thinking of the guy who wrote a lot of those songs Dmitri Tiomkin...he was the Russian, Frankie was Italian ..Francesco Paolo La Vecchio

Archived