Gibson Brands Forums

Banner LG-3 barn find

tvguit

This banner LG-3 was found in a barn recently by a construction crew that was about to tear it down. The owner saved it from certain death and is proud to have it. He didn't really know what it was so I helped him out a bit. I thought you guys might want to see some pictures of this pretty rare flat top. The FON is 7717 (he thinks) but it is pretty faded. It is in pretty rough shape but I have seen a lot worse that weren't left out in a barn!

BannerLG-3Headstock.jpg

BannerLG-3Body.jpg

BannerLG-3Back.jpg

BannerLG-3Neck2.jpg

My Gibson F-25 was in nearly that kind of shape when I found it in a pawn shop in 1982. It was playable but barely and it looked as if it had been abused and abandoned. Still not in any kind of condition that would make it worth a lot of money but what a player. That one looks to me like it will be too.

I can't get over the "butterscotch blonde" finish on the top of this guitar. According to JTs registry of banner Gibsons, the other known guitar from this batch (the above mentioned J-50) had the same finish. Man, I wish this guy would sell it to me!

Archived