Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

surfpup

That's quite a cool little amp,does it really have the Marshall trademark growl?Anyway congrats,I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

BTW 1 W is suprisingly loud,my Vox AD120 VTH as a 1W setting and that's plenty loud for in the house,especially when run through a 4-12 cabinet.

That's quite a cool little amp,does it really have the Marshall trademark growl?

It really does. I've been playing it a lot tonight. It's not a modern Marshall sound. The JTM was the first Marshall made from like 62-66. That's why they've done this one first for the 50th Anniversary. It's got that "Bluesbreakers" kinda sound down good though. Next will be the JMP - the "Plexi". I'll probably have to have that one too! [thumbup]

Congrats.........The whole series should be awesome..........Especially to own........( Them all )......

No doubt! Though I'd be content with the first three - JTM, JMP, JCM. After that I think will be the 900 series and the Vintage Modern - both of which could be cool (and having them all would be great) but having the first three is almost a necessity. [biggrin]

No doubt! Though I'd be content with the first three - JTM, JMP, JCM. After that I think will be the 900 series and the Vintage Modern - both of which could be cool (and having them all would be great) but having the first three is almost a necessity. [biggrin]

WOW thats sweet.. ive been lusting after one of the JCM 800 ones since I saw that video... AWESOME.. happy rocking man (maybe once I get work again I will look into one, if indeed there are any left at that point)..

The video i saw said that the series are all limited edition too, so if you want to get one best do it now [unsure]

Youll have to post a vid and show us how it sounds :P

Couldn't resist this little JTM-1. Amazing how much Marshallness they crammed into

this little box. It's much louder than I thought it would be through a 4-12 too!

DSC_0001-3.jpg

I was looking (drooling :)) at this more.. and I love it..

Knobs Tone and Loudness... if you have a Gibson what else do you need :P awesome ;) (still want the JCM 800 one though)

You really think it was worth it Surfpup?

No, I don't actually think it's worth it. If I was looking for value and versatility in a low powered amp head, I'd buy the VHT Special 6 Ultra. But I have one of those already. [biggrin]

To be honest, I think the JTM-1 is overpriced and I was determined not to buy it for that reason. But I had the $ and turns out it fills a bill for me perfectly - JTM45 (ish) sound in a mini package. I could play as much as I wanted today on the 1/10 watt setting while the baby napped, and it's quite beefy on the 1 watt setting. Through a 4-12 cab, they came and closed the door on the amp room in the shop while I was playing. Either it's pretty loud, or I really suck. [scared]

BTW, this thing kills the Class 5 head for tone! (Oh it takes pedals nicely, Dub). I'll try to get a demo done. If I can't do so soon, I promise I'll do a good one over summer break (only 7 more weeks of the school year left)!

No, I don't actually think it's worth it. If I was looking for value and versatility in a low powered amp head, I'd buy the VHT Special 6 Ultra. But I have one of those already. [biggrin]

To be honest, I think the JTM-1 is overpriced and I was determined not to buy it for that reason. But I had the $ and turns out it fills a bill for me perfectly - JTM45 (ish) sound in a mini package. I could play as much as I wanted today on the 1/10 watt setting while the baby napped, and it's quite beefy on the 1 watt setting. Through a 4-12 cab, they came and closed the door on the amp room in the shop while I was playing. Either it's pretty loud, or I really suck. [scared]

BTW, this thing kills the Class 5 head for tone! (Oh it takes pedals nicely, Dub). I'll try to get a demo done. If I can't do so soon, I promise I'll do a good one over summer break (only 7 more weeks of the school year left)!

That was an answer i was not expecting! [lol]

Thanks man, i'll check out that VHT.

The 900s have a bit too much gain for my liking so I find the JCM 800s and the amps from the 60s more up my alley-Id love to have the sheckels to fill the house with those reissues.I'd like to do a side by side comparison between my original JCM 800 2204 and the reissue to see if they got that beautiful tone emulated exactly like the original,if they do sound alike they'll have a hard time keeping up with the demand.The 2204 is my favourite Marshall and is the 50W version of what Jim Marshall said was the best amp they ever made-that's the JCM-800-2203,100W head.

I fully agree Surfpup..........I'm suprised R9 doesn't have one yet....:-k ...........The VHT 6s are nice as well.....As are many other current

low power tube amps available these days........Congrats again.................

They really do sound great. A friend of mine owns this amp and the new class 5 and the class 5 just gets destroyed. I think that your amp will also hold its value much better than a class 5. Oh and what size cab were you using when your child could sleep through your playing?

Archived