Gibson Brands Forums

Rolling Stones

Denis57

Hey good people of the forums.

Following the recent succes of A day at the Gibson's forum thread, I thought it would be cool to see you guys and girls performing one of the Stones' number.

So here I am doing my coming out by presenting my humble version of Love in Vain. It's not perfect, but I think it's a good one and take 213 is almost not a joke [rolleyes].

Hope you like it [smile]

Nice sounding Bird Dennis - loved the G7 ! Thanks for posting - did you use a Zoom HD3 or whatever they're called? The sound was good, whatever it was.

Thanks man!

I simply recorded this with my laptop. Awesome sounding Bird with new strings and a passion for music makes this type of magic

[thumbup]

Denis, beautiful tone on that one...cool lick to play. Here's one I can do without practice..haha...It's probably closer to Townes VZ's cover than the Stones original...but you get the drift

Love the way that guitar rings out! Beautiful! Heart felt vocals were cool too! Good job! =D>

Forgive me for the sour notes vocally, guitarily, and harmonically. I probably should play it thru a few times before hitting record but I just don't have the attention span for that! lol! I have the attention span of a hummingbird and not the Gibson type. But I just wanna share my excitement of my pulling the trigger on a SJ-200 Custom! I can't wait til it gets here!!! Sweet Virginia!!!!!

Forgive me for the sour notes vocally, guitarily, and harmonically. I probably should play it thru a few times before hitting record but I just don't have the attention span for that! lol! I have the attention span of a hummingbird and not the Gibson type. But I just wanna share my excitement of my pulling the trigger on a SJ-200 Custom! I can't wait til it gets here!!! Sweet Virginia!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAt7I2AnH8

thats really cool :-)

am a little peeved as it was in my head to give that song a go for the thread but i didnt have time to sit and learn the harp riff yesterday :-( ah well snooze u looze , serve me right

i'll have to come up with something else , i couldnt do it any better than you anyway , terrific song one of the greatest albums ever in my opinion

have to say that guild sounds fantastic ! got me gassin one of those . is it old ?

Enjoyed that. Big clean sound on the Guild...SJ-200 better be good to top it.

thats really cool :-)

am a little peeved as it was in my head to give that song a go for the thread but i didnt have time to sit and learn the harp riff yesterday :-( ah well snooze u looze , serve me right

i'll have to come up with something else , i couldnt do it any better than you anyway , terrific song one of the greatest albums ever in my opinion

have to say that guild sounds fantastic ! got me gassin one of those . is it old ?

Thanks for not flaming me it was pretty raw. I also think that album was one of the greatst ever! The Guild JF-30 I bought new in 1995 and it has been a workhorse. Was built in Westerly, Rhode Island which most Guild players seek out. I changed the tuners to grover locking and will soon change the nut,saddle & pins. The only issue I ever had was the bridge are has bellied up so I have the saddle shaved down quite a bit. Also you can see in the video from the bride to the bottom of the guitar there is a finish crack. I didn't start humidifying until it was too late unfortunately.

Again aerohead, enjoyed that. So did you buy the SJ200 Custom that was on ebay?

Thanks for not flaming me it was pretty raw. I also think that album was one of the greatst ever! The Guild JF-30 I bought new in 1995 and it has been a workhorse. Was built in Westerly, Rhode Island which most Guild players seek out. I changed the tuners to grover locking and will soon change the nut,saddle & pins. The only issue I ever had was the bridge are has bellied up so I have the saddle shaved down quite a bit. Also you can see in the video from the bride to the bottom of the guitar there is a finish crack. I didn't start humidifying until it was too late unfortunately.

raw is the way forward !!

loved it

Nice pickin' there Denis !

We cover Jumpin Jack and Angie normally at our gigs.

Thanks a bunch sir!

That's a great cover you've done there! I never went through with Angie myself. Perhaps some day I'll take the time to seriously doing that great song.

[thumbup]

Denis, beautiful tone on that one...cool lick to play. Here's one I can do without practice..haha...It's probably closer to Townes VZ's cover than the Stones original...but you get the drift

Cool !

Think I should try this one too [biggrin]

Aero, Somehow I've never owned "Exile"...but this rendition of SV sparked my interest...so I bought it at lunchtime....so you have in fact helped add a small amount of cash to the accounts of those poor old struggling musos!!Keef says cheers.

Aero, Somehow I've never owned "Exile"...but this rendition of SV sparked my interest...so I bought it at lunchtime....so you have in fact helped add a small amount of cash to the accounts of those poor old struggling musos!!Keef says cheers.

you'll definately owe aero a beer or five if its down to him you buying it . stones at their absolute peak i think . and its a double! turn it up loud

Archived