Gibson Brands Forums

Rolling Stones

Denis57

Aero, Somehow I've never owned "Exile"...but this rendition of SV sparked my interest...so I bought it at lunchtime....so you have in fact helped add a small amount of cash to the accounts of those poor old struggling musos!!Keef says cheers.

Glad I could be of service to your musical elightenment! You are in for a treat!

If you only ever have one stones album it should be 'Exile on Main St'

Definitely the height of the Stones output if you ask me. It's their only album I always go back to again and again.

I play "Exile" over and over again. Whenever I am hanging out on the deck, enjoying a cold one it's gotta be EOMS. I always play it start to finish, love all of the moods and colors it takes me through....

Why doesn't my stupid guitar know how to play it beautiful like that? So dumb! I smashed it! Time for a new one anyways hopefully the next one knows some beautiful songs like that!! Or else this hobby is gonna get costly! Lol! Great version guys!

thats really cool :-)

am a little peeved as it was in my head to give that song a go for the thread but i didnt have time to sit and learn the harp riff yesterday :-( ah well snooze u looze , serve me right

i'll have to come up with something else , i couldnt do it any better than you anyway , terrific song one of the greatest albums ever in my opinion

have to say that guild sounds fantastic ! got me gassin one of those . is it old ?

Would still love to hear another versionof SV BBG that what makes it interesting!

Fantastic thread and some wonderful versions. Here's our interpretation of Deadflowers:

Great vocals, great guitar playing, and a great version of the song, guys. You are both are talented.

And too, it was good to see likeness(s) of Paul Simon and Cat Stevens in their younger days performing together (my little bit of added humor, do not take offense).

Best Regards

Great vocals, great guitar playing, and a great version of the song, guys. You are both are talented.

And too, it was good to see likeness(s) of Paul Simon and Cat Stevens in their younger days performing together (my little bit of added humor, do not take offense).

Best Regards

Ahaha [thumbup] how could I take offence to being likened (looks wise at least) to a musical legend!

I have become a Birdbrother fan. Wasn't hard.

What Mart. is this, , , looks like the p.g. is bleeding over the shoulder.

Ah, I think it's some odd edition Martin did, certainly not a D18 which is what I always thought it was. I looked in the sound hole a few months back but I have a memory like a sieve. Oh and the pickguard is just another stuck next to the first. I can tell you everything you want to know about the gibson though [tongue]

Archived