Gibson Brands Forums

Something Cool to Learn

flatbaroque

Nick, on the actual youtube clip in the comments there is some discussion on the guitar. Someone says it is a "16" Euphonon"...never heard of that...haven't googled yet...but it sounds great, those bends!

Ah! There are several people here with a lot of experience with "Chicago-school" guitars, and one of them will surely chime in.

Nick, on the actual youtube clip in the comments there is some discussion on the guitar. Someone says it is a "16" Euphonon"...never heard of that...haven't googled yet...but it sounds great, those bends!

The Euphonon brand were built by the fairly well-known Larson Brothers who also made guitars with the Prarie State name as well as harp-guitars for the Dyer Company. Very cool guitar and highly regarded by players and collectors alike.

Thats awesome, its all timing and feel, and that only comes from experience, plus a bit of genius helps too !

I noticed on the Youtube comments there's 1 dislike. Really? haha....makes me feel not so bad about the dislikes I get on my own attempts of video immortality [biggrin]

I just saw him playing this song a few weeks ago!

(Except he played his Stefan Grossman signature Martin.....)

He plays it in Dropped D Tuning normally, and it is a cornerstone piece in a series of blues studies derived from Lonnie Johnson's playing. (Who plays about 999% in Dropped D Tuning).

BluesKing777.

Archived