Gibson Brands Forums

Angel from Montgomery- John Prine cover

flatbaroque

Reading a little book of short stories called Knockemstiff...tough mean tales of a decaying midwest town full of desperate people....reminded me of this great old song. I don't play out much these days so I'm enjoying posting here. Thanks for indulging me [unsure]

great job ! either you changed strings , or pick , or you should shut the door for all your recordings. , difference there ya know .

Thanks Guys. Yea BBG I had the door shut cause the washing machine was running in the next room.And I remember Rick Rubin used to always insist on waiting till the spin cycle had completed before pressing the button on his Johnny Cash recordings. A great tip....haha

Reading a little book of short stories called Knockemstiff...tough mean tales of a decaying midwest town full of desperate people....reminded me of this great old song. I don't play out much these days so I'm enjoying posting here. Thanks for indulging me [unsure]

Beautiful rendition of a great song.

Thank you

I don't play out much these days so I'm enjoying posting here. Thanks for indulging me

Indulging you? I'm eatin' it up! Great job on a super song.

Y'know Prine wrote a lot of super songs, I'll bet you could find another one to indulge us with ;) .

willy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yp9nJjOD8E

Nice job. I saw John Prine on Saturday night! He played that on a Martin D28. He also played a J200 on some of the louder, strummy songs.

I could listen to you all day everyday! Thanks for sharing!

Archived