Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
onewilyfool

I'm thinking of getting a Gibson for my wife.....

She's not really interested in playing guitar....but I want to include her in my hobby. If she doesn't play it, I will probably keep it in tune, and set up properly if she ever does want to play it. Might as well keep it in the music room with my other guitars....What do you think???

• Upvote 3

Well my wife actually bought me my first Gibson, the Les Paul .... but she did get quite a few pairs of sunglasses in return over the years ..

Hey Willy,

With all greatest respect, i think you're crazy [flapper] .

If you lived in the UK, you could have my old acoustic, can you not just get her a $50 beater?

In the long run she'll be more appreciative of the better guitars, I thought that was part of our journey that brought us here.

Hey Willy,

With all greatest respect, i think you're crazy [flapper] .

If you lived in the UK, you could have my old acoustic, can you not just get her a $50 beater?

In the long run she'll be more appreciative of the better guitars, I thought that was part of our journey that brought us here.

He's joking :(

Be a man and let her do what my wife did years ago - she took her pick of my guitars.

What did she pick you ask.

Answer - my 1960 J200.

When we first met she wanted nothing to do with the J200. Too gaudy she said. Then she played it. Big mistake on my part. She could not sell her 1994 J100 XTRA fast enough which left her needing a guitar. So my Gibson became her Gibson.

How could you not love a woman like that.

Wily -

Be smart - and economical - get her a new purse. There's a lot you can share and converse on - silk screen logos, factory of manufacture, date of manufacture, fakes. . B)

GibsonPurse.jpg

Excellent idea, Wily. If she decides she doesn't want to learn you can tell her that you'll lose too much money selling it, so you may as well keep it. I like the way you think. [thumbup]

Here is my fine vintage wife AJ (Aina Jo) with her fine vintage AJ (Advanced Jumbo) -- a fine wife must have a fine guitar.

ajajs.jpg

Let's pick,

-Tom