Gibson Brands Forums

White ES-339 with Lace Alumitones

wittyair

I just bought a beautiful white ES-339. The model number on the custom shop COA is HB026M.....Has anyone ever heard

of that model or know anything about it?? Also, it has Lace Alumitones pickups which look to be factory installed. Any

help with this unique instrument would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

You can find attached the specifications of the Es-339.

I have not heard of factory installed Lace Alumitones pickups though, but it could be a special model, or the pickups have been installed aftermarket.

Maybe if you can send pictures to us, we should be able to tell for sure:

* Photos of the instrument in JPG format as an attachment (please limit to 2MB total size for all pictures together, as a bigger total size will not reach us) – full front, full back, as well as close ups of the front and back of the headstock, with the serial number clearly visible. Also of any inside label that the instrument may have.

You can send these to service.europe@gibson.com or to service@gibson.com

Kind regards,

Stijn

post-15276-096575000 1334755160_thumb.jpg

I understand that Gibson does not install Lace pickups or those knobs in their 339's but by the same token......Gibson

does not make a white ES-339. Obviously, this is a custom piece and I doubt that some guy bought a nice sunburst 339 and then

painted it white and put in the pickups and knobs. He very well may have had Gibson make him a white 339 and then modded it with

the Lace's and knobs but could it not also be possible that the guitar was ordered this way from Gibson?

It appears to have been modded.

As BBP commented, I haven't seen those Lace pups come factory installed and the control knobs are not factory stock either.

I agree. Pickups are not wide enough for the PU covers, which appear to be stock.

.... Gibson does not make a white ES-339. Obviously, this is a custom piece and I doubt that some guy bought a nice sunburst 339 and then painted it white and put in the pickups and knobs. He very well may have had Gibson make him a white 339 and then modded it with the Lace's and knobs but could it not also be possible that the guitar was ordered this way from Gibson?

Different colors are available in some years. Apparently, white was available the year this was purchased. The pups and the knobs were most likely added after the purchase.

Here's an unusual color not available every year - Pelham blue

339nt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived