Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard project

jdgm

I keep adding comments in other members threads saying I will upload pix of my pedalboard project, so although unfinished....here it is.

I apologise in advance if anyone feels this is ground already covered.

This is what I had up till recently; Boss vol>Keeley comp>AC+>MXR Flanger>MXR Chorus>Ibanez DCF10>Behringer VTM delay.

The vol pedal has a separate tuner out for my old Korg DT1.

This setup was quite heavy on the modulation; the DCF10 is digital with buffer so no full-analog-true-bypass-purity.

The whole thing is powered by the Burkey Flatliner SIX PSU which was expensive but worth every penny.

pedalboardApr10.jpg

And here, after much more GAS, is what I'm working on:

I am going to solder every patch cable myself, and am waiting for a couple of extension/splitter leads I ordered for the Burkey PSU.

Yes the cheapo right-angle jack on the wah is what I'm going to use as they work well.

No room for the vol pedal so I may just not use it, but:

Vol>1980s Jen Crybaby>Keeley comp>Octron2>KOT>VoodooVibe>modded Rat2 (or modded DS1)> MaxonPH350>MaxonAD999pro>TC stereo chorus.

It's crowded and I may have to turn the V Vibe round - it's a killer unit but very big and the in/outs are at top left, inconvenient.

As to the order of effects, the phaser is perhaps late in the chain but sounds completely amazing after the V Vibe. What order would you choose?

PedalboardApril12.jpg

And then there is the clutch pedal in my car; gear linkage went today, going to be at least £250! Bummer!

Modded Vox Wah 847 or a Original Cry Baby Dunloap I bought around 1991

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

(Sometimes here goes a blue boss compressor sustainer, not always)

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe

Maxon Vop9 Overdrive

MXR 108 classic Fuzz

Retro Sonic Analog Delay

Electro Harmonix Hum Debugger

At the end of the line whereas I use 2 different guitars during the same concert (for example an orange and an apple), I use a boss equlizer.

Modded Vox Wah 847 or a Original Cry Baby Dunloap I bought around 1991

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

(Sometimes here goes a blue boss compressor sustainer, not always)

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe

Maxon Vop9 Overdrive

MXR 108 classic Fuzz

Retro Sonic Analog Delay

Electro Harmonix Hum Debugger

At the end of the line whereas I use 2 different guitars during the same concert (for example an orange and an apple), I use a boss equlizer.

What mods did you do to the vox?

how do you find the behnringer time machine its a memory man clone right ?

Yes, totally as far as I can hear. I don't know if it sounds really exactly the same but it is quiet, has true bypass and is still incredibly cheap. About 550-600ms of delay with or without plenty of regen and wobble, hours of fun and completely dependable on a gig. So cheap I just could not afford to pass it up. The Vintage Phase and Vintage Distortion are also obvious EH clones.

BTW I've read criticism of Behringer over workers conditions in their Chinese factory/city, but I hadn't heard about that when I bought the pedal - in fact you get a short brochure about the manufacturing plant in the box, seems they were proud of it.

Archived