Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Heritage

J200_2013

Any Gibson Heritage players left out there?

Got a 1970 Gibson Heritage, which I've had now some 42 years; and though it's suffered a little, it still plays great. What's more, the Brazilian rosewood is still a killer in looks.

Any Gibson Heritage players left out there?

Got a 1970 Gibson Heritage, which I've had now some 42 years; and though it's suffered a little, it still plays great. What's more, the Brazilian rosewood is still a killer in looks.

I would pretty much give my left one to have my old Heritage back. I had to sell it in 1972 to pay my rent. My rent then you ask? $200. 'nuff said - I have had many Gibsons since then but still miss my first the most...

Mike

Hey Mike,

Interestingly, mu first Gibson was SG Electric (single pickup) and I sold it very reluctantly for, yes, rent. Funny how we never hear anything about the Heritages. BUT everything time I take mine in to get worked on, the luthier will NOT refinish it because the effect on the tone. It's as if the Brazilian rosewood, now really aged, is somehow sacred.

Hey Mike,

Interestingly, mu first Gibson was SG Electric (single pickup) and I sold it very reluctantly for, yes, rent. Funny how we never hear anything about the Heritages. BUT everything time I take mine in to get worked on, the luthier will NOT refinish it because the effect on the tone. It's as if the Brazilian rosewood, now really aged, is somehow sacred.

I see you also have a White Falcon. I was going to get one but decided on a nashville to honor an old friend and mentor who had a big orange gretsch.

Archived