Gibson Brands Forums

i just found a perfectly working Nokia phone in the trash

FenderGuy1

well it has no sim card and no contacts

It has a phone number and a carrier, or it wouldn't be a perfectly working phone. You should call the carrier and let them know you have found the phone, give them the number so they can contact the owner, and give them YOUR info so the owner can contact you.

Or, you can keep coming up with excuses not to do the right thing.

And yes, I have found a cell phone, I did call the carrier, the girl's dad met me and thanked me for returning it.

Do the right thing.

It has a phone number and a carrier, or it wouldn't be a perfectly working phone. You should call the carrier and let them know you have found the phone, give them the number so they can contact the owner, and give them YOUR info so the owner can contact you.

Or, you can keep coming up with excuses not to do the right thing.

And yes, I have found a cell phone, I did call the carrier, the girl's dad met me and thanked me for returning it.

Do the right thing.

If the phone doesn't have a sim card then it doesn't have a number or a carrier. He has no way of contacting the owner. So while it would be great for him to return it, it would be impossible to do so without a sim card.

Type in *#06# and the phone will give you a long number unique to that phone! This is called the imei number,Then contact the carrier and you will soon find out if it's been lost or stolen!

Try it with your own phones guys!

Regards

The average value of a old cell phone without a sim card is about $2.00 the business where I used to work had a huge 55 gallon metal barrel where people could dump them and the local shelters would take them and convert the ones they could into emergency dial phones. The rest were just disposed of I threw away five when I recently moved all just stuffed into a junky drawer. I recently took some of my metal working chemicals (mostly acids and chemicals made inert by adding baking soda until the ph is below 3) to the hazardous waste drop off point for the city. They had two of the huge roll-off dumpsters that look like a dump truck bed one was full of batteries and the other was full of old unwanted cell phones most with the chargers and everything else attached by rubber bands. The guy working there told me they fill it at least once if not twice in a average year. and the batteries is filled every two months on average.

If the phone was stolen then thrown away and you come along and put your sim in it, your sim can get blacklisted (at least thats what happens in england). Each phone hre has a unique IMEI number which essentially connects to the netword by giving the IMEI code. Using your own sim it in would result in them getting your details.

On a day when i see that Levon Helm and Bert Weedon have passed. Tom Petty has recovered the priceless Guitars that were stolen while on tour. And other interesting events......

Somebody felt it necessary to share this useless brain fart. I fear for our future. :(

On a day when i see that Levon Helm and Bert Weedon have passed. Tom Petty has recovered the priceless Guitars that were stolen while on tour. And other interesting events......

Somebody felt it necessary to share this useless brain fart. I fear for our future. :(

You say they were priceless guitars but they still had an estimated value of around £60 000

You just described your own post. [sneaky]

Now go wipe your brain.

t57150.gif

Almost certainly stolen. Might've had prints on it (probably only yours now).

Why on earth would you want to collect old cell phones? (I collect some odd things, but even I can't understand this one- perhaps I will when I hear your motivation?).

Archived