Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2010 Limited

Dipnet

Well I finally got the Axe of my dreams , I own fender also I have a VG it is a awsome guitar also. Now I need to change the srings on the robot. For some reason when they sent me the axe they did not wrap the strings around the tuning post . So the strings are sliping . I read that the wound strings e.a.g. should be wraped 3 wraps and the plain string should be wraped 5 times . I only want to change 1 string at a time. the manual is hard to understand any hel would be great. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLKlJS1wEo

[lol] Nuff Said...

EDIT The only extras I can add to above

# Cut the string 2 posts worth past the hole

# Bend the string at an "L" angle of 90* angle before and once again after you insert the string through the post for easier control (no string shootout) (You could hold it up...)

# Cut off any excess to as close to the post as possible (sharps when tuning = bad news...)

Well I finally got the Axe of my dreams , I own fender also I have a VG it is a awsome guitar also. Now I need to change the srings on the robot. For some reason when they sent me the axe they did not wrap the strings around the tuning post . So the strings are sliping . I read that the wound strings e.a.g. should be wraped 3 wraps and the plain string should be wraped 5 times . I only want to change 1 string at a time. the manual is hard to understand any hel would be great. Thanks

From your question you seem to be asking if you should wrap the strings around the tailstop or bridge? If you have a 2010 Standard (robot) as far as I know you shouldnt wrap the strings.. It should look like this? Are you talking about wrapping the strings around the tuning pegs? If so I have no experience with robots (well not the guitar kind anyway ;))

whmlw1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrLKlJS1wEo

[lol] Nuff Said...

EDIT The only extras I can add to above

# Cut the string 2 posts worth past the hole

# Bend the string at an "L" angle of 90* angle before and once again after you insert the string through the post for easier control (no string shootout) (You could hold it up...)

# Cut off any excess to as close to the post as possible (sharps when tuning = bad news...)

Is it the same on a Robot guitar? Id imagine that theres a slightly different process?

Archived