Gibson Brands Forums

People

ShredAstaire

So I was at a beer "festival" today...an IPA Challenge. 32 beers...it's a ful weekend showdown...as I drank the tasty IPAs, I started thinking about people.

I thought about people on forums. I decided that there are two types of people on Internet forums.

1) people who are pretty legit...and represent themselves as they are in real life...pretty straightforward and honest...

2) people who represent themselves differently online than they are in real life. These people tell fibs, exaggerate, and make vague statements about their lives and the "excitement" it contains.

It amazes me that some people can't tell the difference between these two types sometimes. Usually I feel it's pretty obvious when someone is playing character# 2...or I suppose, some people don't care or pay attention to that. U guess that's fair.

On a scale of 1 to 10...how close to your real life personality do you portray on Internet forums?

I'd say I'm about an 8 for the most part. Which type are you??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say I am about a 8 to 9...pretty much the same online as off....cept for the groupie chicks and fact that I am the one who showed Pete Townshend how to play, I never excadurate what I say.....and as you might have noticed my spelling blows chucks...but I no longer care as I have learned how to bend spoons with my mind!

This reminds me of a friend of mine who would catch flack from his wife for posting picture of himself playing guitar and other exciting moment in his life. He said, "Because posting that I sold 1500 reams of paper along with a picture of my favorite sweater vest is hardly note worthy."

I'm a 10. What you see is what you get.

+1 The only difference online is i dont cuss.In person,every other word out of my mouth is f(*&&^^ and mf*(&(&*&,unless im giving you a quote for upholstery,then 100% professional.....9.8 due to language barrier

Hi Shred.

Glad you're drinking IPAs instead of those delicious Baltic Porters.... much lighter on the pallate.

I'd say a 10. But you might have a different view, and that's ok with me, too :)

For the record, I have an alter ego. He's a 9th century Viking... who represents a certain side of me, but is still me in every respect.

Btw, I reject the notion that people are only fake online. As a gigging musician, I've been approached by tour manages, roadies for Slash, agents that handle Santana, drummers who've played for the Beach Boys and The Monkeys, friends of Ronnie Mintrose, people who could introduce me to Lou Diamond Philips (if only we were playing on day sooner), and countless recording engineers that could give me some free studio time. I'm pretty sure every one of them really worked at Kinkos.

I am a 10, what you see is what you get,

Hey, I have posted my sound clips, I can't talk sh!t or pretend I am somebody I am not, my guitar work would not back that up.

I do wonder why some regular members have never posted their work... :-k

Archived