Gibson Brands Forums

My new song - collaboration original

MR GIBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk4BPE9bjo

This is a manifacturer refurbished Masterbilt that I bought from e-bay two months ago. The guitar needed a VERY SERIOUS set up. Now is in a good shape. Her name is "Miss Eppie".

This is the first song that I made with this guitar - she is a serious songwriter.

As the lyrics (of a friend of mine) are in bulgarian language I translated it for my youtube spectators.

Hope ou will like itrolleyes.gif

Imagine all the snow

As blooming fruit gardens.

Stopping sight pictures

Reminding so much things...

Childhood, laden with peaches.

Sun... River...and Willows...

Before they are slender the poplars

Everything is already before...

The first small school,

The words that make you look down.

Again, you were wrong, again you are wrong

A girl you had not spoken to.

You learn little by little the lessons.

Little by little you go in the hour.

Increasingly you think:

We Do? May be better me?

May be better Me! Yeah - BETTER ME!

You collect, you divide, you hand out,

You haste slowly, laughing through tears.

There was a time and now it's too late

And now it is so much before.

But ... if they appear unexpectedly -

The Eyes Stopping Pictures

Blessingly strikes you the Summer -

Peaches, sun, river and willows.

It's just a moment, but it's just for you,

From outside you can not even tell.

Enjoy it because it is needful

Some times you need to be weak.

Imagine all the snow

Stopping sight pictures

Reminding so much things.

And sometimes all this snow

Just dropps from above.

Enjoy it - it is needful

The whole world is an open window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk4BPE9bjo

This is a manifacturer refurbished Masterbilt that I bought from e-bay two months ago. The guitar needed a VERY SERIOUS set up. Now is in a good shape. Her name is "Miss Eppie".

This is the first song that I made with this guitar - she is a serious songwriter.

As the lyrics (of a friend of mine) are in bulgarian language I translated it for my youtube spectators.

Hope ou will like itrolleyes.gif

Imagine all the snow

Stopping sight pictures

Reminding so much things...

Childhood, laden with peaches.

Sun... River...and Willows...

Before they are slender the poplars

Everything is already before...

The first small school,

The words that make you look down.

Again, you were wrong, again you are wrong

A girl you had not spoken to.

You learn little by little the lessons.

Little by little you go in the hour.

Increasingly you think:

We Do? May be better me?

May be better Me! Yeah - BETTER ME!

You collect, you divide, you hand out,

You haste slowly, laughing through tears.

There was a time and now it's too late

And now it is so much before.

But ... if they appear unexpectedly -

The Eyes Stopping Pictures

Blessingly strikes you the Summer -

Peaches, sun, river and willows.

It's just a moment, but it's just for you,

From outside you can not even tell.

Enjoy it because it is needful

Some times you need to be weak.

Imagine all the snow

Stopping sight pictures

Reminding so much things.

And sometimes all this snow

Just dropps from above.

Enjoy it - it is needful

The whole world is an open window.

Mr.gibs

thanks I see why people praise the Epiphone Masterbuilts now even more than before .

Nice song

JC

Very good, Krassi!! Won't pretend to understand the language, and though you provide a translation, it is a poor substitute for just listening to you sing! Great work, my friend! The Epiphone sounds very good as well.......nice find on eBay!

I wonder.......is traditional Bulgarian music based on the same scales you use here? This sounds a bit western and a bit European in chord structure. I can't figure it out.

I wonder.......is traditional Bulgarian music based on the same scales you use here? This sounds a bit western and a bit European in chord structure. I can't figure it out.

No Buc, the bulgarian music doesn't sound like that at all. I just listened much George Harrson's songs when I was a school boy :-)

By the way your Martin D18 just ROCKS!msp_thumbup.gif

Great song Mr. Gibs!!! If I come to visit you, will you have an extra guitar I can borrow to jam with you???.....lol......Those Epiphones are all solid wood construction, right? No Laminates or plywood, right? You have a local luthier to set it up correctly, or did you do it your self?

Great song Mr. Gibs!!! If I come to visit you, will you have an extra guitar I can borrow to jam with you???.....lol......Those Epiphones are all solid wood construction, right? No Laminates or plywood, right? You have a local luthier to set it up correctly, or did you do it your self?

You are welcome to visit me, my friend and yes - I have some 3-4 extra guitars that you can choose frommsp_biggrin.gif

As about the Masterbilt - I bought it totally blind. I needed a good solid wood guitar that has good pickup system. And I need it because from time to time I have to go to play and sing with my boss... And there in these places every time appears someone that "can play guitar" and starts to strum on my MR GIBS or on my GALE and my heart breaks, but I can't refuse to these men because they are "friends" to my boss...msp_cursing.gif Including the last scratch on the top of my GALE that I can not forgive myself never (made last autуmn by the hand of an otherwise good man). So I had to have an instrument that I can play when and where my boss wants me to, and in the same time to give it without remorse to some heavy-handed, exhilarated unknown individuals.

I have never seen before a Masterbilt. There are no such guitars here in my country. Evarything I learned about them was from internet. I listened to much sound samples and I decided that not the D, byt the AJ is my sound. Found one and pulled the trigger.

"Manufacturer refurbished" doesn't meen "good set up". They say the Masterbilt has bone nut and saddle - nothing like that! They were plastic. The action was very high and the neck was curved. But the most serious injury was (and still is!) thet the top is sunken...

When the guitar arrived at home I putted her on the stand, switched the Tone Rite on her for two weeks and played from time to tima to see what problem can I find more...

My friend the luthier is not near - he lives and works 250km. away from my home. Usually I send him my guitars via courier, but this time I went in his atelier and we discussed and decided what to do (him what to do)

Well he changed the nut and the saddle wit bone. Took away the frets, fixed the curved neck and sanded it, then refretted the guitar. But the sunken top stays sunken...

Now the instrument is in a good shape. Not excellent, but good. The electronics work well - the combination of the two pickups - the nanoflex and the nanomag give a very natural acoustic sound when it is plugged in. The onboard tunner is very confortable for me - in less than one minute I can tune the guitar 1/2 step lower (like in that video) and I like that option very much. I play with 12-54 strings but I plan to change it with 13-56 and tunne 1 tone low.

I just did not want to give some 5800 USD for a J45 in the local Gibson shop... Not that I don't want to have a J45 but don't want to give my Gibson Acoustics to noone anymore. That's why Miss Eppie is with me now.

And she has a very good sound. I just noticed that I have to play on her different way - more gently. Se doesn't want to be strummed strong. Doesn't sound well. When she is gently played she can sing.

That was awesome Mr Gibbs, very enjoyable to listen, lovelly tone and great delivery.

btw: Buc, what do you exactly mean by 'European' chords .. ? Im in Europe and I play mainly Cowboy chords ! [biggrin]

Very good, Krassi!! Won't pretend to understand the language, and though you provide a translation, it is a poor substitute for just listening to you sing! Great work, my friend! The Epiphone sounds very good as well.......nice find on eBay!

Krassi, excellent, as always.

Boy, do I know what you mean about loaning out your MR GIBS or The GALE....so it was a good choice to get the MISS EPPIE.

So far, I've been able to avoid getting scuffs on either of my Bozeman guitars.

When I go visit ol' Fred, I'll take my Dove and my Jubilee, (and of course my P-Bass), but not the DIF or the 'Bird, (not worried about Fred, but there will be LOTS of players there, and I don't want to tell anyone "no").

When I go visit ol' Fred, I'll take my Dove and my Jubilee, (and of course my P-Bass), but not the DIF or the 'Bird, (not worried about Fred, but there will be LOTS of players there, and I don't want to tell anyone "no").

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Some times you just CAN'T say no... This was the case last summer with my precious GALE.

This was a concert of my group on an open stage at the seaside. I was prepared with the guitar tunned and on the strap and was wayting the stage call. Then suddenly came a friend who was not invited to play there and he had no his guitar with him. This man was the absolute #1 singer-songwriter of my whole country, his name is Plamen Stavrev. Stunning performer. He asked my guitar to play on stage and I gave it to him. Did not think even to refuse! After him our grup went on stage for our concert. Lately the same evening we were around a big table and played between friends and suddenly someone told me that he noticed a scratch on the low side of my GALE - when I looked there my heart stopped litaraly... There was a big deep scratch about 8cm... And this scratch was made by that same best performer just in the moment he went out on the stage (hiting the side of the guitar in some stone perhaps) for his performance...

The next day I just went to the atelier of my luthier and left him the GALE. He repaired the scratch but not 100% - there is a mark and it will stay there. And this scratch will remain me of Plamen Stavrev.

Pitty but this was the last time i saw this man - he passed away last december from a severe heart attack... And this repared scratch will remind me to never let my guitars in the hands of nobody but me. No matter how good he is. That's why I took this Masterbilt - very good for the purpous to loan.

Buc, what do you exactly mean by 'European' chords .. ? Im in Europe and I play mainly Cowboy chords ! [biggrin]

Some eastern European traditional music is not based on the diatonic scales that western music (cowboy chords!) uses. I think diatonic is the correct word but I could well be wrong. The scale base is what gives the traditional music of a region its' "flavor". It's why some music sounds odd to a western ear.....the intervals are different and therefore chord structures are a bit funny sounding to a foreign ear. Traditional Japanese music is a good example......the intervals just sound odd to the west.

If you say that Plamen Stavrev is a better writer and performer than you, he must be VERY GOOD indeed, as you are MOST IMPRESSIVE.

Pitty, but Plamen Stavrev was incomparably better than I am and now he is dead... I will never get so high to his level in this life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukHs9AQrJKE&feature=related

I am just a humble amateur - he was a great professional singer-songwriter.

And I have a scratch on one of my guitars left from this man...

May be I should be proud with this scar on the low side of my favourite guitar left from this man.

Some eastern European traditional music is not based on the diatonic scales that western music (cowboy chords!) uses. I think diatonic is the correct word but I could well be wrong. The scale base is what gives the traditional music of a region its' "flavor". It's why some music sounds odd to a western ear.....the intervals are different and therefore chord structures are a bit funny sounding to a foreign ear. Traditional Japanese music is a good example......the intervals just sound odd to the west.

The folklore music of bulgaria is really bizzare to the western ear. In most cases this music is bizzare to my ears too. I don't like most of the bulgarian folklore and this music doesn't influence me. I prefere to be influenced by some celtic roots... Or some Beatles origins.

Exemple of two typical "odious" bulgarian folklore songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3UZRz_C4U

Pitty, but Plamen Stavrev was incomparably better than I am and now he is dead... I will never get so high to his level in this life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukHs9AQrJKE&feature=related

I am just a humble amateur - he was a great professional singer-songwriter.

And I have a scratch on one of my guitars left from this man...

May be I should be proud with this scar on the low side of my favourite guitar left from this man.

Shoot, Krassi.... put a couple of dozen musicians behind you, get you a glittery stage with professional camera operators.....you'd sound BETTER that him!

The folklore music of bulgaria is really bizzare to the western ear. In most cases this music is bizzare to my ears too. I don't like most of the bulgarian folklore and this music doesn't influence me. I prefere to be influenced by some celtic roots... Or some Beatles origins.

Exemple of two typical "odious" bulgarian folklore songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3UZRz_C4U

You're right..... do all the traditional folksongs have one singer who gets goosed every 16 bars?

Well I love traditional Hungarian folk music, and much of it is in fact based on pentatonic scales, just like the blues - though the chord sequences are very different and often use all five notes of the scale as their root notes.

This performance is from just across the river from here, as is the dancing style. You can hear the similarity with the blues within the first few bars. The fiddler sounds like a cross-harp player bending the notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6oB73EUcEA&feature=related

This is a Transylvanian Magyar piece by Hungary's foremost folk group and singer, who was featured on a record player in The English Patient. It actually rocks, I think. I believe the words mean something along the lines of 'The winds blow cold/Which can mean no good/A life of freedom, free as a bird/Ah how beautiful are those who go in freedom/I would also go if they went/If I were free myself/But I am not free myself/My arms are shackled to my legs/The winds blow cold/Which can mean no good'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNU2rTn161w

Nice playing, singing and writing, Krassi!

Shoot, Krassi.... put a couple of dozen musicians behind you, get you a glittery stage with professional camera operators.....you'd sound BETTER that .

To put these musicians behind, to get the glitery stage, cameras & operators is what I am not able to do. rolleyes.gif This is a professional thing and I am an amateur. That's the diference and it is huge.

Archived