Gibson Brands Forums

Big Band Jazz Time in St. Louis

L5Larry

Rehearsals are finally over for our Summer concert season for the Jazz Big Band (well OK, one more to go). I'll be playing two concerts this week, one at a theater on Wednesday evening (4/25), and one at a college campus on Sunday afternoon (4/29).

At the concert of Wednesday you will also witness the world premiere and debut performance of my first Big Band arrangement. I've brought an original song from my 70's rock band out of mothballs and given it the "treatment". I had to write 18 different instrumental parts, plus two vocal parts for the song. Now let's just hope it doesn't crash and burn.... Also on the program are two more original arrangements, one by our female vocalist ("girl singer" in jazz terms), and one by our former band director.

Come one, come all, from the St. Louis region. It would be nice to meet some more of the local forumites.

Wednesday, April 25, 8:00 p.m.

Black Cat Theater

2810 Sutton

Maplewood, MO

Tickets - $10, $5 with student ID

Sunday, April 29, 3:00 p.m.

Meramec College Theater

Humanities West building

Geyer & Big Bend

Kirkwood, MO

Free

Opening this concert will be the Meramec Symphonic Band

Rehearsals are finally over for our Summer concert season for the Jazz Big Band (well OK, one more to go). I'll be playing two concerts this week, one at a theater on Wednesday evening (4/25), and one at a college campus on Sunday afternoon (4/29).

At the concert of Wednesday you will also witness the world premiere and debut performance of my first Big Band arrangement. I've brought an original song from my 70's rock band out of mothballs and given it the "treatment". I had to write 18 different instrumental parts, plus two vocal parts for the song. Now let's just hope it doesn't crash and burn.... Also on the program are two more original arrangements, one by our female vocalist ("girl singer" in jazz terms), and one by our former band director.

Come one, come all, from the St. Louis region. It would be nice to meet some more of the local forumites.

Wednesday, April 25, 8:00 p.m.

Black Cat Theater

2810 Sutton

Maplewood, MO

Tickets - $10, $5 with student ID

Sunday, April 29, 3:00 p.m.

Meramec College Theater

Humanities West building

Geyer & Big Bend

Kirkwood, MO

Free

Opening this concert will be the Meramec Symphonic Band