Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Case

duluthdan

Forgot to close the case the other night, and when I was finished playing, this is what I found. So... what to caption this photo? ...and, how many of you would've just closed the case, and kept on playing? Not knowing if it might scare the critter and result in a different kind of question for the forum...

CatCase.jpg

I'm curious about the imprints in the lining of the top of the case. I see the normal bridge pin and string imprints, but what are the two oval imprints on either side of the strings a little further forward? Do you store the guitar with something on top of it in the case? (and I'm not talking about the cat here)

And by the way, could you post a photo of your guitar case rack? I am in the process of re-configuring a closet to store some of my guitars, and am looking for good ideas for vertical storage of multiple cases like this. I've run out of walls to lean cases against.

I'm curious about the imprints in the lining of the top of the case. I see the normal bridge pin and string imprints, but what are the two oval imprints on either side of the strings a little further forward? Do you store the guitar with something on top of it in the case? (and I'm not talking about the cat here)

And by the way, could you post a photo of your guitar case rack? I am in the process of re-configuring a closet to store some of my guitars, and am looking for good ideas for vertical storage of multiple cases like this. I've run out of walls to lean cases against.

The imprints you see are from the 2 Planet Waves drop-in humidifiers,laying there on the floor. Been using this style for years. Here's a pic of the rack - pretty simple - should get a general idea from this photo.

CaseRack.jpg

Oh, and by the way... that little one in the case... her name is 'Pickguard'.

Wouldn't 'Scratchguard' be more appropriate?

She looks rather like the new addition to our family. Just waltzed in through the front door about a month ago. I've been trying to avoid this scenario ever since! Also the complementary scenario in which the cat discovers that the soundboard of the guitar makes a really nice scratching post. And since the new addition also looks set to have new additions herself (thinking more points than a Sheryl Crow picture on this forum), I'll have to be super vigilant from now on. In any case thanks, Dan. You've suggested a name for our cat, which I've been struggling to find. I am now moved to name her 'Firestripe'.

I take it she is an all-solid cat, and not a laminated one? But have you checked? :rolleyes:

Captions: 1. 'Best case scenario.' 2. 'Worst case scenario: cat caught in contravention of CITES Act.' 3. 'Where's the SJ200? Moustache bridges are the cat's whiskers.' 4. 'You won't catch me hanging round any classical guitar cases, I'm strictly a steel-string kind of girl...'

Archived