Gibson Brands Forums

ksdaddy is off the market.

ksdaddy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out of town.

CONGRATULATIONS SCOTT AND PENNY!

Here's wishing you two many happy years together.

I suppose, now you've informed her about your bus fetish?

And her name is 'Penny'. [wub]

Hmmmm yeah... I decided to leave the bus at the old house. I haven't done anything with it in a few years. It was a party bus for my girls when they were teens and I reclaimed it after a while, meaning to make it into a rolling man cave but never did it. Lost interest.

I'm finding out what's important at one stage of life is not so important in other stages. Moving into the new house has forced me to cull stuff. The new house is literally 2 or 3 times the size of the old house but I'm getting rid of stuff left and right. Old kitschy junk I took great delight in bringing home a few years ago is now... I dunno, a burden. Sometimes I think I was so unhappy (deep down) in my 'old' life that I sought out material stuff to make up the difference. Now I have peace, trust, and a seemingly unending supply of affection so therefore I don't seek happiness in other places. GAS is almost nonexistent and sometimes I think I could pare the 50 or so instruments down to a half dozen very easily. The pride of ownership or snaob appeal is being overshadowed by "Do you ever play this or do you just want bragging rights?"

So I may just cover my eyes and sell off a pile.

I would like to have a piano though. An old clunky upright from a church basement, preferably painted green.

Yup, moving will do that.

It's quite easy to bring in some tchotchke and stick it.... stick in on some horizontal surface to admire for a day or two. But when you have to move those once precious baubles, the shine kinda wears off.

Upright pianos are a dime a dozen. Most times you can get them for, literally a song. But... you have to move it. 3 men and a boy usually do it. You, step-son and daughter's boyfriend ought to do it. A pick-up helps. Pizza and beer will put it on the stage in your basement. Just make sure the stairs are up to it.

Oh and there is green paint in town. Looks like another hand holding trip to Lowes! [woot]

Did you bring the Baker-Jewell boat?

Archived