Gibson Brands Forums

Prom

dem00n

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not go to Senior prom due to the horrible incident at the junior prom.

Scene:

My girlfriend's dad HATES me, not because I am a bad guy (I wasn't!) but because I had long hair and played guitar. Girlfriend's mom loved me, knew I was ok on the inside though I looked a little too hairbandish (it was 1985 . . . man I'm old!). Anyway, dad is in military and goes on a drill which was during prom week. Mom says take my daughter to the prom! We show up, get in line for pics, take said pics, then IN WALKS DAD! In full military uniform. Pissed! Makes scene, takes daughter away, leaves me standing there in front of packed room with a goofy look on my face.

So, decided not to try it again, not any worse for missing it all. However, this did seem to make me somewhat famous, or at least infamous for the remainder of my HS career.

Did. No regrets. Glad I got a date to go. Wanted the experience of going to prom. Her? Probably. She broke up with me that summer. I was brokenhearted. Not any more. Glad I'm not with her. She turned, uh, "loose". Cool story, huh? [smile]

Now, I'm a teacher. Would be creepy if I went [unsure]

No. I'd much rather sit at home with a date w/some food, a movie, and a bottle of tequila. Plus prom isn't worth the 3 hours of fun for the $75 entry fee, plus suit, plus dinner after. Just a lot of money tied up in 3 hours of ok fun. They don't even play good music at my school's dances.

Junior year I went to two proms (my school and a neighboring one) and was asked to both by seniors. Pretty big deal for a geeky looser like me. And I had just gotten off of probation (Ah, freedom. My probation officer was a total malaka; on my a$$ even when I was still making honor roll). The prom at my school was a magical night. We double dated with my best friend and his girl. He was the class clown and kept my date laughing all through dinner. After prom we made out on her porch. A week later she moved away; probably for college. Was very sad and I recently wrote a song about her so it wasn't a total loss.

My senior year I took my 19yr old girlfriend. Kind sucked for her since she was already in college. I could have cared less.

Junior year I went to two proms (my school and a neighboring one) and was asked to both by seniors. Pretty big deal for a geeky looser like me. And I had just gotten off of probation (Ah, freedom. My probation officer was a total malaka; on my a$$ even when I was still making honor roll). The prom at my school was a magical night. We double dated with my best friend and his girl. He was the class clown and kept my date laughing all through dinner. After prom we made out on her porch. A week later she moved away; probably for college. Was very sad and I recently wrote a song about her so it wasn't a total loss.

My senior year I took my 19yr old girlfriend. Kind sucked for her since she was already in college. I could have cared less.

That's weird. Both yesterday and today, I was getting hit on by this hot, senior, chick in my ceramics class. I'm a geek with a record as well. (Arson)

My last two years of HS were in a boarding school in New England - Dad was in grad school and felt it best for a kid for the boonies compared to the Cambridge, Mass., high school.

Anyway, no prom for juniors. Senior year nobody thought it was worth the cash to make arrangements and import girls we may or may not have known very well.

Since then I've been to more proms as a photographer than most folks might imagine ever attending. I've seen them change around here from being major social event to being a dress-up "thing" followed by an all-night party run by parents where all the kids attend so they can play games, eat pizza and stuff, watch a good live show - and win stuff ranging from 42-inch tvs to laptops, iPads and dorm-size refrigerators.

Makes a lot better sense nowadays. I also don't think there are nearly so many high school "committed couples" as there were when I was a kid, which probably is a good thing.

m

Yes for junior and senior year. I could have cared less if I went but the girl I dated for three years in high school loved it so I didn't mind. I think it was more about the dress for her, it was more about taking that dress off of her for me.

That's weird. Both yesterday and today, I was getting hit on by this hot, senior, chick in my ceramics class. I'm a geek with a record as well. (Arson)

We are a fierce bunch. I chalk my makeup to the Spartan blood and the bit of French Canadian I am. Coureur de bois were pretty tough too.

Long story short, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but got caught because I was drunk. I plead down to a misdemeanor and did six months probation plus a six week, meet once a week group drug counseling session because alcohol was involved. Our counselor was the best. He was a recovering alcoholic (beer only) and due to his drunken shenanigans and run ins with Barney Fife, had a major dislike of the county cops. Oh the stories he would tell.

My senior prom is this Saturday. Am I going? Hell no! Am I going to regret not going? Nope!

It would be a massive waste of my time if I went. I would much rather be at home with my computer and my guitars. Don't need anything else.

We are a fierce bunch. I chalk my makeup to the Spartan blood and the bit of French Canadian I am. Coureur de bois were pretty tough too.

Long story short, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but got caught because I was drunk. I plead down to a misdemeanor and did six months probation plus a six week, meet once a week group drug counseling session because alcohol was involved. Our counselor was the best. He was a recovering alcoholic (beer only) and due to his drunken shenanigans and run ins with Barney Fife, had a major dislike of the county cops. Oh the stories he would tell.

Oh jeeze. I got a bargain compared to you. Basically, I admitted I was wrong, I had to take a whole summer of counseling and if I do anything, like get into a fight at school, I go to jail for 15 years (I think they said) Basically, I trapped myself by admitting I was wrong, so they got me with a felony held over my head until I'm 18. And if I'm good til then, the charge stays on record, but it's no longer valid.

My senior prom is this Saturday. Am I going? Hell no! Am I going to regret not going? Nope!

It would be a massive waste of my time if I went. I would much rather be at home with my computer and my guitars. Don't need anything else.

It's hard to meet girls or dudes (if that's which way your compass points) if you're always at home in front of the computer.

It's hard to meet girls or dudes (if that's which way your compass points) if you're always at home in front of the computer.

None of that matters to me. I really couldn't care less. I'm a straight guy if that's what you're getting at, but I'm not interested in the drama or the stupidity that goes along with being in a relationship.

None of that matters to me. I really couldn't care less. I'm a straight guy if that's what you're getting at, but I'm not interested in the drama or the stupidity that goes along with being in a relationship.

I mean, there isn't much drama if you just let it happen and don't do anything ridiculous.

I went with one of the hottest girls in school.

By the time we got to one of the after parties I had discovered just how stupid she was and what a b1tch as well. I left her there and drove her brother home.

What a waste of time. And she asked me to the prom.

I have heard many great stories though.

Dave

It is not my scene, not my thing. C'mon, people from school that I can't stand, snooty cheerleaders, and crappy so called music. My buds chose not to go either. I'll tell ya', they'd have to either pay me a LOT of cash, get me some smokin' (and way out of my league!) ladies to accompany me on said night, or buy me a Les Paul, a Wizard Modern Classic head, and dinner (which I would order the most expensive thing on the menu!). I got better things to do with my time. Even if I had a hot girl whose prom was the most important thing to her in the world, I'd still probably not go. Why? I can't dance to Lady WhatsherhisIdon'tknowface! I'd show up, crash it, and yell at the top of my lungs, "HEY D.J., PLAY CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I AND BOOK II ALL THE WAY THROUGH, AND LA VILLA STRANGIATO TOO!". If it was thirty years ago I'd easily give it a shot. Why you ask? Rock n' Roll was still mainstream and most of it was awesome! Yes, even Loverboy.

I was too cool for school. There's no way I would have went to anything as preppy, mall boy, establishment as a prom! DAMN THE MAN! I dropped out before I ever got to a Senior year let alone a prom. The goal was to stop wasting time in school and focus on getting my metal band signed to a label. The problem was we sucked. I spent most of my time working, supporting my loser friends, cruising the Ft. Lauderdale strip and getting stoned and drunk.

I was keeping it real!

I was a moron. ](*,)

Archived