Gibson Brands Forums

2012 LP Standard coming Down Under!!

Kineman Karma

G'day Ya'll,

Well I will be putting my order in next week for a 2012 Heritage Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard!!

At first I considered a Classic Custom LP in Ebony, but I am glad I held off.

Whilst waiting for them to land in OZ, at the moment I am shop hopping for the most competative quote and so far the best I have is $3072 AUD.

I have also been all over the net trying to find a demo and here it is :)

ENJOY!!

Hello Friend! Good to hear from You again! That Norlin still sounds awesome! Good luck with Your '12 Standard! Cheers... Bence

G'day Bence, Mate thank you for your kind Welcome [smile]

Yes I must say that my #1 LPC Norlin does sound Killer!! [biggrin]

Even though I am ordering a 12 LP standard I am eager to test drive it in the store before I make a final purchase.

I think it will be fine though [thumbup]

Well if anyone else out there in the Sweet Ol US of A has one already, please please please put up an awesome demo with cleans and overdrive. Since I mainly play Reggae and Classic Rock I hope someone will do a demo vid pretty soon!

Take care Ya'll and thank YOU GIBSON and all the fine people on this forum that make it worthwhile loggin on!

Let me ask, what type of humbuckers Your '73 has? T-tops? It's a pancake-bodied guitar? Just curios what builds up this great tone.

Hey Brother Bence [biggrin]

Yes definately a PANCAKE [thumbup]

Ok, on the night I was using 57 classic pups in the Norlin. The T-TOPS were at home!

The amp is my 2010 Fender Twin Amp on overdrive complimented by my Ibanez Ts-9.

To simply put it...the norlin being full bodied and not cut like a cake, makes a big difference. It really gives the pickups direct voicing!

I have the LPC Norlin and a 2011 LP 60's tribute and you can hear the difference in the tonewood big time. Both are great guitars though.

Cheers.

Thanks For the infos! :) Since we last spoke I got my Classic Custom AN, which sounds almost great too. It has a pair of '57 Classics, but it's a little bit too bright for me, so I will try to replace caps with Luxe Repro's Bumblebees. Hope it will work out fine. Comparing it to the chambered 50's Tribute, I was surprised that the Tribute is acoustically louder than the heavy, swiss-cheese CC. Interesting I have a TS9DX which I can't seem to dial in for a proper tone, whilst the TS-10 sounds categorically better, so I use it most. My amps do not have gain control so I use an Ibanez Metal Charger too. :D Cheers... Bence

Archived