Gibson Brands Forums

NGD= CUSTOMIZED SJ200TV

jannusguy2

Just curious,is the bridge a two piece(layered)bridge.A recent sample I had was the new style and was wondering if they are coming that way across the board.

Def not a 2 piece. Solid all the way. Can't tell about the finger board as it's bound.

Very Nice guitar, Jannusguy!

Is the top red spruce? (Hard to tell, but it looks wide-grained in the pic!)

Fred

Affirmative on the Red Spruce.The purchase and customization of this guitar started with Dwight Yoakam sending back a J200 TV to Bozeman because he wanted a Sitka top vs Red Spruce. I found his "reject" while cold calling 5 star dealers looking for a J200 TV. Huber-Breese in Michigan knew of the "reject", Don in Bozeman sent me pics and I agreed to buy it. The next day I received a message informing me the guitar had been shipped to Sheryl Crow. Don felt bad and offered to build me another TV with the same appointments Dwight's reject had or whatever I wanted. I said yes, please.

Affirmative on the Red Spruce. The purchase and customization of this guitar started with Dwight Yoakam sending back a J200 TV to Bozeman because he wanted a Sitka top vs Red Spruce. I found his "reject" while cold calling 5 star dealers looking for a J200 TV. Huber-Breese in Michigan knew of the "reject", Don in Bozeman sent me pics and I agreed to buy it. The next day I received a message informing me the guitar had been shipped to Sheryl Crow. Don felt bad and offered to build me another TV with the same appointments Dwight's reject had or whatever I wanted. I said yes, please.

Do you like it's voice better than your old western classic? You scored BIG TIME - CONGRATS!

Do you like it's voice better than your old western classic? You scored BIG TIME - CONGRATS!

I don't know about "better". It's def different. The classic was a rosewood guitar, one of two I had and I found myself absent any maple. I decided to keep my rosewood Roy Smeck, jettison the classic and bring maple back via this new addition. And, I wanted the more traditional appointments of the J200 that this guitar provides. Pretty much have all the tone wood bases that interest me covered. I am amazed at the bottom end on this J200. It blows away the J185TV I let go awhile back but it's a very different sound than the Western Classic. I wish that I could have kept them both but that wasn't an option.

Affirmative on the Red Spruce.The purchase and customization of this guitar started with Dwight Yoakam sending back a J200 TV to Bozeman because he wanted a Sitka top vs Red Spruce. I found his "reject" while cold calling 5 star dealers looking for a J200 TV. Huber-Breese in Michigan knew of the "reject", Don in Bozeman sent me pics and I agreed to buy it. The next day I received a message informing me the guitar had been shipped to Sheryl Crow. Don felt bad and offered to build me another TV with the same appointments Dwight's reject had or whatever I wanted. I said yes, please.

Great story! Don is THE BEST! He is the man in Bozeman. I can't say enough about him.

Archived