Gibson Brands Forums

is it true that the route the Titanic sailed on was cursed?

FenderGuy1

As sweet as the fantasy is; curses, ghosts, Heaven, Hell and as much as I would love it to be real, unfortunately not FenderGuy1.

When I wake at 04:20 in the morning, at least once a week I'll bang my head on the shelf that's to the side of my bed. I do not for one second think this route to my bathroom is cursed. I should just be more careful of it or throw it out the window.

What I am saying is, the TITANIC sank because the captain was trying to show off in an iceberg field (be more careful), the ship that had mechanical problems needs to throw the mechanics out the window.

Good Day

x PEACE x

WK

Well...There's no such thing as a curse. But. If I said to you 'on Monday you'll trip and fall'! You'll be cautious of tripping on Monday which in turn will make you more liable to trip. So, a curse! Friday 13?

Ghosts? I think they are electrical energy left behind. I have first hand experience of this as I live in an old public library (Tolkien used to come in to read here!).

I have ghosts. I hear things of a night (books falling on the floor etc) and I see things too. So there is something in it. I'm not afraid of it or them though. My dogs certainly get spooked. I've had ghost hunts here and they've picked up some strange things. I'll post some pics below.

rednallibrary.jpg

Home.

DSCN1707.jpg

Now, my sister took this one night when she was 'dogsitting'. My dog got spooked and growled at this corner. So she took some pics. This is one of them.

Make of it what you wish.

Well...There's no such thing as a curse. But. If I said to you 'on Monday you'll trip and fall'! You'll be cautious of tripping on Monday which in turn will make you more liable to trip. So, a curse! Friday 13?

Ghosts? I think they are electrical energy left behind. I have first hand experience of this as I live in an old public library (Tolkien used to come in to read here!).

I have ghosts. I hear things of a night (books falling on the floor etc) and I see things too. So there is something in it. I'm not afraid of it or them though. My dogs certainly get spooked. I've had ghost hunts here and they've picked up some strange things. I'll post some pics below.

rednallibrary.jpg

Home.

DSCN1707.jpg

Now, my sister took this one night when she was 'dogsitting'. My dog got spooked and growled at this corner. So she took some pics. This is one of them.

Am I being stupid?! I cannot see anything remotely ghostly in either photo?

rednallibrary.jpg

Home.

DSCN1707.jpg

I see it now. The image of Jesus in that square frame thingy on the wall.

Creepy...

Orbs.

Orbs?! Paahaha. That is just light on the lense...

"Ghosts" are scary yet my belief is that people create "ghosts", "spirits" and an "after-life" because the thought of nothing...the thought of death as an end, that's far scarier

Guest farnsbarns

100% dust on the lens.

Yeah, dust, and not being funny but look at the surfaces, not surprised! Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most obsessive cleaner or house proud person but I'm not seeing my dust and calling it ghosts. [sneaky]

Yeah, dust, and not being funny but look at the surfaces, not surprised! Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most obsessive cleaner or house proud person but I'm not seeing my dust and calling it ghosts. [sneaky]

I ain't here to judge your cleanliness lol. I'm just saying that I don't see anything otherworldly in that pic. :)

Guest farnsbarns

I ain't here to judge your cleanliness lol. I'm just saying that I don't see anything otherworldly in that pic. :)

Oh-er-Missus. I didn't mean to sound like that, my house is fairly dusty too. No offence intended. Sorry!

If it's dust, why are the other pics that she took at that same time got fewer 'orbs' and in a different place? If it was dust it'd be repeated on the other shots.

Nope. I don't mean to be disrespectful lashurst. Lighting affects the dust you see on the lens. I have seen this 1000 times on my own camera. In one shot, dust shows, in another, its perfect. Different lighting will affect the amount of dust orbs you see on a lens.

Do you wear glasses? I do...sometimes i see how dirty/dusty my glasses are in direct sunlight etc but inside looking at my computer, I can't see any dust at all.

I'm a skeptic about a lot of things and this is one. Occam's Razor and all.

Nope. I don't mean to be disrespectful lashurst. Lighting affects the dust you see on the lens. I have seen this 1000 times on my own camera. In one shot, dust shows, in another, its perfect. Different lighting will affect the amount of dust orbs you see on a lens.

This.

It's even more apparent to anyone who has done some work in a darkroom and has had to share enlarger lenses with a bunch of bloody students................[smile]

The 'orbs' will also be affected in terms of size by relative aperture and focal length (if on a zoom lens) and in terms of brightness by the ratio of natural/artificial light c/w brightness/contrast of subject matter which is why they will appear different in different shots.

P.

Archived