Gibson Brands Forums

Essential Pedals That You Should Have

bluesguitar65

Well, did two builds today, a BSIAB2 (Brown Sound in a Box) distortion pedal and a B.Y.O.C A/B True Bypass Looper. The BSIAB is probably "THE" best sounding DIY pedal that I've heard so far. It really makes a clean sounding amp like an overdriven plexi......."The Brown Sound" :)

img0460x.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-04-25

img0461co.jpg

img0463de.jpg

img0464ob.jpg

Cool. I might have to build that. Did you use the General Guitar Gadgets kit w/PCB? (BTW, I can't see the photos since I am at work, so I apologize if the answer to this question should be apparent)

Im at home atm so I can view the pics. I do believe that the kit is from general gadgets

Cool. I might have to build that. Did you use the General Guitar Gadgets kit w/PCB? (BTW, I can't see the photos since I am at work, so I apologize if the answer to this question should be apparent)

Yes, it was from GGG. I purchased it about three weeks ago when they had the kit for $54. GGG always has sales on their kits. This month they have the tone bender and the rangemaster for 10% off. So got those two also :). I've been ordering lots of kits and my wife is already complaining that I've spending too much in my man cave [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] Man, this DIY pedal stuff is really addicting. BTW.....I think Ibanez has created their version of the BSIAB, called the Jet Driver. I guess Ibanez is trying to capatlize on something good here [tongue]

53698-ibanez-jet-driver-large.jpg

Also, the COT50 and the BSIAB very similar pedal IMHO.

For some reason I,ve never owned a echo/delay effect pedal before and for some reason now I deceided I can really use one.I,ve noticed my sound is a little flat lately and a delay used basickly as a slap back should make my sound a bit bigger.Problem is cash is tight right now and I swear Delay pedals are the most expensive effect out there,I was just out at a small music store and they had a Behringer echo/delay effect pedal for $39.00 is that a decent price for just the one use I need it for a slap back echo.

I also own a Behringer V amp 2 and I've only ever used it as a headphone amp.Seeing as I cant find the directions/paperwork for it I figured someone here might know? Can it be used in front of my amp as either an effects pedal or even a modeling amp using all the different models on it.Probably should have thought of this before just using it as a headphone amp but can it solve my problem of getting a delay pedal or even a modeling amp.

Hope I didnt go to far out of the thread box,

I think delay is an essential. More specifically the Strymon El Capistan!

And compressors are important tools that are more often than not overlooked.

A tuner is probably the most important unit to sit on a board! AND IT MAKES NO TONE!

And contrary to what many people think, a wah is not absolutely necessary. DON'T LISTEN TO KIRK HAMMETT, HE'S A HACK!

Just kiddin', I enjoy Metallica (well, pre-Black Album Metallica. Ride The Lightning is still my favorite of theirs!) and Kirk, but a wah on every solo is not so cool.

Yes, it was from GGG. I purchased it about three weeks ago when they had the kit for $54. GGG always has sales on their kits. This month they have the tone bender and the rangemaster for 10% off. So got those two also :). I've been ordering lots of kits and my wife is already complaining that I've spending too much in my man cave [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] Man, this DIY pedal stuff is really addicting. BTW.....I think Ibanez has created their version of the BSIAB, called the Jet Driver. I guess Ibanez is trying to capatlize on something good here [tongue]

53698-ibanez-jet-driver-large.jpg

Also, the COT50 and the BSIAB very similar pedal IMHO.

Cool! What transistors did you get for the Bender and Rangemaster?

For some reason I,ve never owned a echo/delay effect pedal before and for some reason now I deceided I can really use one.I,ve noticed my sound is a little flat lately and a delay used basickly as a slap back should make my sound a bit bigger.Problem is cash is tight right now and I swear Delay pedals are the most expensive effect out there,I was just out at a small music store and they had a Behringer echo/delay effect pedal for $39.00 is that a decent price for just the one use I need it for a slap back echo.

I also own a Behringer V amp 2 and I've only ever used it as a headphone amp.Seeing as I cant find the directions/paperwork for it I figured someone here might know? Can it be used in front of my amp as either an effects pedal or even a modeling amp using all the different models on it.Probably should have thought of this before just using it as a headphone amp but can it solve my problem of getting a delay pedal or even a modeling amp.

Hope I didnt go to far out of the thread box,

Yes, you can run it in front of an amp, and even your "V-amp 2"..........Behringer can also replace your lost manual via a download,

simply contact them.......I didn't see the manual available on their site, but they have them archived.........

Archived