Gibson Brands Forums

PR-400??

igor

This is a Samick made guitar (Korea) and not very good as compared to the Chinese made Epiphone's of today. The new one's being made in China have been strictly designed by out-side (Epiphone) manufacture's so it's being made with care and good equipment and regularly being checked during production.

It's worth 66 buck's (not much more) but why? Some thing to give to your 5 year old to destroy?

Thanks.

I find it amazing on EBay these 20+ year old units quickly raise to $100 including shipping, while a new (better?) unit is available from GC for around the same price. I would think about an older unit if the price was right, like around $50.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Samick made guitar (Korea) and not very good as compared to the Chinese made Epiphone's of today. The new one's being made in China have been strictly designed by out-side (Epiphone) manufacture's so it's being made with care and good equipment and regularly being checked during production.

It's worth 66 buck's (not much more) but why? Some thing to give to your 5 year old to destroy?

Hi, sorry I'm a newbie and I'm not sure if this reply would be considered off topic.

If I understand well you consider the actual Chinese production better than the Korean one of 80' and 90'. As far as I know it's the other way round (again, I'm a newbie, really into old Epi's, trying to get old PR series in mint conditions)

But please, if you can explain your point a little more in details, or send me to threads where this is discussed I would be really happy.

cheers

Archived