Gibson Brands Forums

My Roland cube 15 died

buliwyf

Should I just throw it in the trash.I was told it was the transformer so everything works but the volume is so low it's basickly non exhistant and why fix a $99.00 amp it would be cheaper to buy a new one.There seems to be a lot of still useable parts still in it,the speaker,the cabinet is still like new,the pots and switches plus it has 3 built in BOSS distortion circuits. Are the circuits reusable in building a pedal or 3, hell I even put it back in the original box.

Another thought is I have a small 15 watt Washburn amp and it works great but sounds pretty bad would there be any way to use the transformer from that to fix my 15watt Cube.

I really dug the cube big time,does it belong in the trash or not. Thanks all

Sell it on ebay as not working. I know many people on here, me included hate ebay for selling but you cant really loose out since it doesn't work anyway. What exactly was wrong with it though?

user FenderGuy1 might want it. I know he collects amps and TVs and likes to tinker with things. It has to be useful for something? =)

you forgot mobile phones found in dustbins and drawers [flapper]

I just really liked the sound of the cube 15 and it just seems like a waste to toss it out with the trash in the origional box when only the transformer is blown but the other parts,speaker, case,dod effect elects are stiil good.I guess my question was can any of the other parts be used for anything else or because of the transformer is it just trash.

Sure, the parts can be useful if you know how......Find a "Roland" forum and ask there......Other than that,

Congrats on your new amp stand.............[flapper] :unsure: [smile] ..........

I just really liked the sound of the cube 15 and it just seems like a waste to toss it out with the trash in the origional box when only the transformer is blown but the other parts,speaker, case,dod effect elects are stiil good.I guess my question was can any of the other parts be used for anything else or because of the transformer is it just trash.

cant you look for a second hand transformer?

Archived