Gibson Brands Forums

Do you take the "Made in..." stickers off your new Epi?

dylanseeger

So I'm just interested in seeing what other people do... Do you take the stickers that come on the back of the head of the Epi that say "Made in..." and "Quality Check 100%" and all that fun stuff when you get a new guitar or do you keep them on?

Wondering if I should take em off...

It's just personal preference.

I leave them on, just because I can't be bothered to take them off...

If you leave them then it also saves some guess work on where it's made for the next guy if you ever sell it.

I take them off. I keep an electronic record of all the details (specs, country of origin, scanned copies of receipts etc) so all the info is there, but on the actual guitar I like a minimalist approach. I find stickers etc gaudy, plus the guitars I have are very carefully chosen, with the aesthetics (woodgrain, finish etc) being important, so I don't want crass little stickers getting in the way of that.

I take 'em off without a second thought....I WOULD think twice if the serial number was a sticker, though ... that'd likely stay, but my electrics have numbers on the hs under the poly :) My acoustic has the sn sticker inside the body, amazingly holding well...better than the pickguard that peeled off last year (it's a '99).....kinda cool w/o the pickguard, as the natural finish has darkened over the years, and the finish where the pg was is light ...kind of a ghost pg...

I remove them and keep the stickers in cases, in humidity-controlled rooms.

Then I throw the guitars away.

I prefer the Korean ones, especially on Samicks from the late 90s/early 2000s. Better grade of paper. The Chinese ones look similar, unless you know what you're looking for, but the quality varies. Of course the Elitists are best, with USA-manufactured adhesive, but you pay more.

I usually cut the head-stocks off, preserving all the stickers under glass in a humidity controlled vault, and throw away the rest as totally useless rubbish..[razz]

Yup......I did that to this Gibson S.G..........Then I remembered it didn't have any stickers on it to begin with.....[flapper]:rolleyes:[scared] ....

sgheadstock001.jpg

Yup......I did that to this Gibson S.G..........Then I remembered it didn't have any stickers on it to begin with.....[flapper]:rolleyes:[scared] ....

Well that's what you get for buying one of those impressed guitar headstocks. Sticker are forever......[flapper][flapper][flapper][scared]

I leave stickers pertaining to country of origin etc. in tact on the guitar just in cased eve I'r come to sell or trade the guitar,the buyer wouldn't feel that I had removed them to portray them as originating from somewhere else-possibly a "better" factory.

Archived