Gibson Brands Forums

Is The a M style Martin ?

JuanCarlosVejar

Notice neither uses a neck heel strap button.

lol , yeah , notice its the 60's and i'd hate to see that suit after that peice of twine wears a hole in the shoulder , if it doesnt snap and drop the guitar before then

or maybe i should follow the great mens example , might even take a photo and get my hair done to match :-D

lol , yeah , notice its the 60's and i'd hate to see that suit after that peice of twine wears a hole in the shoulder , if it doesnt snap and drop the guitar before then

or maybe i should follow the great mens example , might even take a photo and get my hair done to match :-D

That's funny! Didn't notice it was twine, probably baling twine. Dang hillbillies!

Do they stil make Brylcreem?????

Do they stil make Brylcreem?????

Probably yes. I once in connection with a 1950's film had my hair completely greased in with that stuff. A complete nitemare.

Pardon - there might be original users on the Board.

Let's hear pros and cons from you -

Wow! Hard to believe his last guitar would be from the era that Martin enthusiasts dog when discussing the gems that preceded this time period. I never liked anything about JCash except for the 'mountain music' his wife's family created over the decades. He didn't play much guitar, his songs were generic, especially when he tried to be funny, and his voice was unexpressive and monotonic. If he scratched that lettering into the lower bout he was an idiot as well. Give me Lyle Lovett anyday.

Pardon - there might be original users on the Board.

Let's hear pros and cons from you -

Ah yeah, back in high school Brylcreem was the thing that worked for ducktails and peaks (see Jimmy Rogers) ..."a little dab will do ya". We used by the tube full!

Wow! Hard to believe his last guitar would be from the era that Martin enthusiasts dog when discussing the gems that preceded this time period. I never liked anything about JCash except for the 'mountain music' his wife's family created over the decades. He didn't play much guitar, his songs were generic, especially when he tried to be funny, and his voice was unexpressive and monotonic. If he scratched that lettering into the lower bout he was an idiot as well. Give me Lyle Lovett anyday.

Uh, there have been lots of great singers that didn't have much of a voice. One Robert Zimmerman comes to mind. Sometimes, a memorable performer is more than the sum of his or her individual parts.

JC was one of those, in my book.

I wasn't his last guitar ... it was a special onw for him but his real last guitar was this one :

http://www.gruhn.com/features/cashproto/AA6928.html

I guess he scratched and wrote on guitars because he figuered they were just songwriting tools .

he wasn't too tecnical about guitars but I totally disagree with you about his voice .

I don't think Lyle (great performer !) could do what Johnny did at the Prisons he played .

no artist new or old ever played a a prison apart from Mr.Cash .

so he was a much better human being than most Artist of the past or of the present.

I think you sould have another listen to his music ...

if you ever found yourself heartbroken or addicted to something than I am sure you can relate to his music.

and as far as his voice alot of people who know about music praise it so give it another listen .

He changed alot of peoples lives too .

JC

But he invented the genre that most of his songs were in, JZ. I have a friend who thinks the Beatles are overrated/crap, because they sound like so many other pop bands...

Archived