Gibson Brands Forums

Aint She Sweet

A add9

Hello all. Just wanted to share some pics of my new Les Paul Classic Plus in Manhattan Midnight Blue. It has the 60's profile neck

I'm torn over installing the included pick guard. My first 3 Paul's all had them, however, I've always appreciated the Paul's without them as well. Either way, she's a beaut'.

2012-04-26_19-41-44_797.jpg

2012-04-26_19-57-11_608.jpg

2012-04-26_19-56-49_816.jpg

Nice indeed!

Thanks. My only issue at this point is ..... the 1st string tends to slide off the fretboard if not careful, especially while doing open string pull offs. Never had that problem with my first 3 Pauls. I am adapting rather nicely though, by changing my technique and approaching with more finesse. I think also, switching to heavier gauge strings, which I always do anyway, will make a positive difference too. I'm going to have it set up down the line

That is one dam nice guitar bro, she looks good in blue.

Thanks jaxson. Blue has always been a favorite color of mine, but not so much for guitars....until I saw this. Having said that, I'd love to have a Les Paul Standard in a solid, Cherry Red, as well. Message to Gibson.... Build it and they'll buy it.

I've had Cherry Sunburst, Wine Red, and Black Les Pauls.

I agree too its a crime to cover that top up :) shes a beaut, happy playing [thumbup]

Thanks, Rabs. I've decided against it as well. But it's nice to know the option is there..... should some damage ever occur to the finish of that particular area.

That's nice... My son's Epiphone LP is that same exact color. He has the pickguard on (it came that way).

Congrats... [thumbup]

Really? I saw an Epi - Les Paul in Blue, but it was a solid blue. Then there was another in a Blue Burst, but I didn't see this exact finish....not that means anything.

Anyway, Thanks much LPguitarman!

Archived