Gibson Brands Forums

strap button

blindboygrunt

i have one of those jed :-s

dont like it . guitar moves out of position

i have a strap button on my other guitar , its in position 2 but the 45 hasnt much width there , thats why i asked .

thanks

You don't feel like if you let go of the neck it drops and feels unbalanced? I like to not worry about supporting the neck, just maximizing my agility.

.....that horrible, pandering, lame logo.

Ouch. Little brand bias there, huh.

I leave mine on the guitar strap, slipping it on and off the guitar. I personally like the retro appearance of an acoustic guitar slung by the headstock......looks "cowboy" to my eye.

where have you guys got your strap buttons on J-45's or J-50's ?

do all gibsons have such a thin part at this end of the neck ?

rDxXBb.jpg[/url]

Hey BBG,

been covered a few times here..from what I gather position 5 is the most widely used. Best for support and strain on the actual strap button going into joint.

Apparently.

I did a DIY fitting to my old Yamaha the other week.. in practice for when I get a nice button for my HB... I have hardly ever used a drill before.. except for the usual holes into walls capers. Was nice and easy... strapped the guitar to a stool and just went in. Chose position 4 1/2 like Retro .. just cos it seemed better on the actual guitar.

( I do like the strap slung on the headstock also..like Buc.. still debating whether to drill the Bird,,,,, mmmmmm :-k )

Hey BBG,

been covered a few times here..from what I gather position 5 is the most widely used. Best for support and strain on the actual strap button going into joint.

Apparently.

I did a DIY fitting to my old Yamaha the other week.. in practice for when I get a nice button for my HB... I have hardly ever used a drill before.. except for the usual holes into walls capers. Was nice and easy... strapped the guitar to a stool and just went in. Chose position 4 1/2 like Retro .. just cos it seemed better on the actual guitar.

( I do like the strap slung on the headstock also..like Buc.. still debating whether to drill the Bird,,,,, mmmmmm :-k )

Don't do it brother...the guitar is perfectly balanced when the strap is attached at the nut. Can't figure out why anybody does it differently. All you have to do is let go of a guitar attached at the neck heel and watch it tilt. It makes me nuts. Where's my pipe?!

Archived