Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Options

69tele

Thinking of getting a second amp exclusively to use with my Les Paul / SG

I play in 2 bands one, is a wedding/corp band where I play a tele/LP through a Line 6 Flextone III (POD XT amp) and the other is a more casual affair where we play blues, rock and new country.

We played this weekend with the second band using a blues junior for the tele and the Flextone for the LP and the tone on the Valve Blues Junior just blew the Flextone away.

So as my singer also plays guitar, and we need 2 amps anyway thinking of getting a second valve amp and dedicating thank to the LP with its own pedalboard.

thinking along the lines of 15-20 watts.

Maybe the egnater tweaker or bogner alchemist ?

Opinions ?

The "Alchemists" are selling at cheap prices via M.F.; Check the catalog pricing, ie, the 2X12 is going for $599.00.........

I say go Egnater..........Tweaker, or the Renagade head, 1X12, or 2X12.........Heck, get an EgnaterTourmaster head..............

I own all of the above...........The Egnaters are the best...........

I had an Alchemist and traded it in for a Renegade, the Egnater's are very well made and design, my Renegade is dead quite, while all other amps in my home have some kind of hum (bad ground, been hunting it down for years). Every preamp valve has a shield. Take a look at the specs/features, the tube mix feature is great and one of the easiest tube swap/bias there is. Comes with cover and switch. The reverb is the weak link. MF & GC coupns are valid so you can score 15% off all the time.

What a coincidence,I just finished writing an amp suggestion in another thread before I saw this thread.The Ibanez TSR15 is a fantastic little amp that literally screams as it has the original and extremely desireable Tube Screamer circuit built into its preamp.The amp apparently is capable of just about any voicing because it has a very sensitive and variable EQ circuit.The list price is $599 but you no doubt should be able to wrangle a much lower "street" price.Certainly deserves being checked out.

BTW: Re the Blues Jr.-A couple of years ago I was on the hunt for a new Strat and the store had a Blues Jr. in their demo room so I tried it for the first time.When I plugged a Jimmie Vaughn Strat into it I decided then and there not only to buy the great guitar but bought the amp too even though I had no plans to but the little bugger just dripped with such a juicy tone I had to have it.When I was on a Les Paul hunt last year I plugged an Epi Trad. Pro Les Paul into a Blues Jr. and when I hit the very first note I was hooked,without touching any controls but just the way someone had left it the guitar sounded identical to the sound that Robert Fripp got on the Court of the Crimson King album with his PAF Les Paul on the songs "I Talk to the Wind" and "Epitaph".

The Blues Jr. is one of the cheapest amps out there that can bring out the best in any guitar you plug into it.

Thinking of getting a second amp exclusively to use with my Les Paul / SG

I play in 2 bands one, is a wedding/corp band where I play a tele/LP through a Line 6 Flextone III (POD XT amp) and the other is a more casual affair where we play blues, rock and new country.

We played this weekend with the second band using a blues junior for the tele and the Flextone for the LP and the tone on the Valve Blues Junior just blew the Flextone away.

So as my singer also plays guitar, and we need 2 amps anyway thinking of getting a second valve amp and dedicating thank to the LP with its own pedalboard.

thinking along the lines of 15-20 watts.

Maybe the egnater tweaker or bogner alchemist ?

Opinions ?

Some really nice new Marshalls coming out

And if you have an amp but want a valve sound im now thinking about getting one of these pedals with built in valves :)

like this

Archived