Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday to Me

manse

Last week I was 45 and today my daughter is 5.

My lovely wife decided that what we needed were matching guitars (my little girl has loved strumming on my "real" guitars since she was about 2). Check out the pic.

Just to make the day complete, I got Bea a little Fender Mustang Mini amp to go with her new guitar. Those things are amazing for the money. If you need something small for around the house I would just go get one.

7118143719_cec63197d4.jpg"

Man that is so cool! Happy birthday to you both and rock on.

Thanks Cookieman - the little Brian May guitar is really cool - I had it set up and had the fret ends rounded off and polished, just to make it as comfortable for my daughter to play as possible - and now I can't put the thing down myself! I have tuned it to A, 'cos of the short scale and it is great fun to set a bit of a crunchy tone and just thrash away on - obviously everything sounds really fresh in a different key...

Anyway, when she gets back from school I will have to give it back!!

What absolutely fantastic presents. The mini - May especially is really very cool indeed!

[thumbup]

And Happy Birthdays to you both!

P.

Thanks Pippy - we did have the Mini May cranked (well, as cranked as 7w gets) at 6.30 a.m. this morning - she could not possibly wait until she got home from school to have a play on it.

I wonder where she gets that from.....

Yeah I love my Brain May... Great guitar, sounds and plays amazing and two octive is nice... :-)

Here's mine

L1060925.jpg

L1060920.jpg

Yeah Dave - they are really great. I am not particularly a fan of signature guitars in general, or Brian May in particular (no offence to any huge May fans!) - but it just really, really works as a great guitar. The pick ups are outstanding and the overall feel is really silky smooth. Sounds good through my Bassman....next time at band practice it can have a go through my Marshall stack......

What a great father and daughter gift,these guitars are just lovely.Happy Birthday to you both Manse and I hope that you both have many many more.

BTW: Do they sound like the original Big Red that May plays?I guess the only real way to find out is to buy yourself an AC-30,maybe for Father's Day....lol.

What a great father and daughter gift,these guitars are just lovely.Happy Birthday to you both Manse and I hope that you both have many many more.

BTW: Do they sound like the original Big Red that May plays?I guess the only real way to find out is to buy yourself an AC-30,maybe for Father's Day....lol.

Hi Bonzoboy,

Brian and his guitar tech Pete seem to be very involved in the whole project - just check out all the stuff on the website - including lots of quite detailed FAQs. I reckon if you got a Fryer treble booster and 3 cranked AC-30s, and a whole trunk full of delays (and a sixpence for a pick) you would be getting in the ballpark....but that might be Father's Day and Christmas combined!

Nice treats, but more importantly.............KEEP the Wife for supporting the GAS!!! [thumbup] [thumbup]

She is a keeper for sure - over the years she has bought me a Rickenbacker 330, a Gibson ES-335, a '62 strat re-issue, a Laney LC15r valve combo and a few pedals. And let me buy a load more besides!! I am a lucky fella.

Love Brian's sound... Nice guitars and happy birthday to you both.

BTW, explain what all of the switches do.

Thanks very much LPguitarman - the switches are easy - on/off and in/out of phase for each p/u. Lots and lots of tones to be had!

Archived