Gibson Brands Forums

Have epiphone changed the spes on the 335 dot??

bluemeenie

Hello there,I wonder if any of you can help me??..Ive just gone onto the Epiphone website and looked at the Epiphone dot 335, and i noticed on the specifications that it says the Neck Pickup is a (Alnico Classic Humbucker)

and the Bridge Pickup (is a Alnico Classic Plus Humbucker?..but i allways thought that the (Epiphone dot) normally came with (Alnico classic humbuckers) for both the neck and bridge and not the (plus) for the bridge??.. so i downloaded the brochure and it clearly says that the dot has the (Alnico classic humbuckers) for both the neck and bridge positions..and not the classic (plus) for the bridge! [confused] ??..and it also says that all the hardware is nickel, what parts are nickel?? i thought the Epiphone dot usually came with chrome hardware??..not sure if Epiphone have changed their specs on the (335 dot) in recent years??..does anyone have any info on this?...thank-you for any information!

Epiphone switched the hardware on most models from chrome to nickel in 2009/2010. So it should be nickel.

As for the pickups, I'm not sure. I've seen the same thing that you have on many models. Some specs say Alnico Classic and others say Alnico Classic Plus. Typically, the bridge pickups is hotter that the neck pickup, so maybe they were refering to it as a "plus", but decided to stop calling it that for brevity? I'm not sure. Only Epiphone would know for sure.

Epiphone switched the hardware on most models from chrome to nickel in 2009/2010. So it should be nickel.

As for the pickups, I'm not sure. I've seen the same thing that you have on many models. Some specs say Alnico Classic and others say Alnico Classic Plus. Typically, the bridge pickups is hotter that the neck pickup, so maybe they were refering to it as a "plus", but decided to stop calling it that for brevity? I'm not sure. Only Epiphone would know for sure.

Hey RTH, thanx for the reply much appreciated)..Yeah Ive emailed Epiphone about this just waiting for them to get back to me!)

Archived