Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

cookieman15061

Pop is your vice? Hmmmm...

And he truly was my partner in crime. We were both found guilty of sonic assault (cue the rim shot, please!).

Yes it is!!!!

I'm the only guitar player in my band. I could use another guy though, but that wouldn't work out for all the three-piece type stuff (Hendrix and Rush) we do. And we jam a LOT onstage. Like the more KISS/AC/DC, straight-ahead heavy rock stuff we are starting to get into could use a rhythm player to fill out the sound, do inverted chords/riffs with (ala KISS), harmonizing (Thin Lizzy, etc). Or even another lead player for some Priest style twin guitar attack. But, like I said, it wouldn't work.

I think that's cool that he was your partner in crime. Two guitar players living in harmony (no pun intended!) is a given for sure!

I wasnt dissing the amp, cookie. Just my roundabout way of emphasizing the clean side. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine. If you do have a chance to crank it you will be impressed as to how well that clean channel breaks up too. Ive found diming the mids helps...

The overdrive on this one's not bad but I didn't buy a fender for that and besides I'm running dirt boxes in front of it.

I wasnt dissing the amp, cookie. Just my roundabout way of emphasizing the clean side. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine. If you do have a chance to crank it you will be impressed as to how well that clean channel breaks up too. Ive found diming the mids helps...

HNAD Cookie. And glad you got some gigs to where it comes in handy, too.

I didn't take the clean channel comment as a dig. I had one myself, and it actually is a real useful amp when used as a powerhouse type of thing with pedals and such. Bypassing the drive channel really does sound a lot better, even if you don't use the gain on the amp.

I didn't take the clean channel comment as a dig. I had one myself, and it actually is a real useful amp when used as a powerhouse type of thing with pedals and such. Bypassing the drive channel really does sound a lot better, even if you don't use the gain on the amp.

First Thanks everyone for the comps and concerns. I've had a few chances to crank her up as the wife was working and so far it's a terrific amp with some interesting tone variances as I'm tweaking the knobs.

No I didn't either. Believe me I've played through a lot of different amps in my days but have downsized considerably since the early 90s. The BJ and ac15 are perfect for the smaller places I've been playing lately but last summer at an outdoor show all I kept hearing was turn up the guitar. lol

I've pretty much always used a pedal/ pedals is some formation when dirt and sustain where in need so the drive channel wasn't a huge concern.

Archived