Gibson Brands Forums

Most of the time I adhere to "if it aint broke dont fix it"

SGtransblack

I really don't mean this as a dig but i really want another Les Paul but I have 3 that are from the days of no coil taps, circuit boards, etc.

In the future if I ever got the money i would want to buy a NEW LP but it has to be old school. Are there any models that of excellent quality

in the mid price range. Below VOS models and the Studio. The models now have left me in the dust and just cant figure it out. I don't want

Chambering. Weight relief is okay if used sparingly. Absolutely No Coil tapping I would always prefer to buy a LP with the Pick Guard already on it so i don't screw it up or someone else. Is it possible to get what i want NEW not used?

I really don't mean this as a dig but i really want another Les Paul but I have 3 that are from the days of no coil taps, circuit boards, etc.

In the future if I ever got the money i would want to buy a NEW LP but it has to be old school. Are there any models that of excellent quality

in the mid price range. Below VOS models and the Studio. The models now have left me in the dust and just cant figure it out. I don't want

Chambering. Weight relief is okay if used sparingly. Absolutely No Coil tapping I would always prefer to buy a LP with the Pick Guard already on it so i don't screw it up or someone else. Is it possible to get what i want NEW not used?

I would suggest the Joe Bonamassa Studio, it's amazing.

I was in GC today looking at the used guitars they had because sometimes you can find the one among them seriously.

So I saw this Les Paul. Nice looking and the first thing i did was pull on the volume knobs. They had the older

style knobs on it which i like. So the Rhythm volume knob was one of them. It was worn out and needed to be replaced. It wouldn't

smoothly click into position. I just wish Gibson would make some nice LPs with out the extra tone Polarity stuff. I mean that's why I have an amp

and on my overdrive pedals and others there are tone controls. Its too much and I wouldn't want to break it and have to get a new pot

and got through all that. I just want to put new strings on , set action and intonation and play and have fun. I guess

I am really talking to Gibson. There are still lots of us out here that would prefer regular pots like you have been using forever.

Furthermore the little circuit boards although im sure they make the job of electronics install much easier it just is moving towards what

everyone else does. Let the pickups do the talking in first gear. Those tone knobs are on the guitar to be used not to just look at.

I use them sometimes or leave them set in a position depending on what sound i want. I have a really good feeling that Gibson is going

to be able to go right back to doing business with India and screw the 2 layer rosewood blanks you are having to make. You will win

and get what you want and you will get Ebony back. So at least when that happens can we have some old school guitars for us simple

men? Just a friendly piece of advice. I mean I pulled on that broken pot and walked away and it wasn't because it was a push pull it was

because it was broken thus the guitar was broken. I would have rather had a fret be causing buzzing than that because its a natural thing.

See the band "UFO - Natural Thing".

Archived