Gibson Brands Forums

OMG.. Tim was Dropped Off at the Front Door

bluesguitar65

Yes, the long awaited four months (Yes, that is how long the wait time is for the Tim Pedal) and my new Tim pedal was delivered at the front door yesterday. Jeeze... how terrible I am for forgetting about Tim and leaving Tim at the front door all night. I had forgotten to check the mail yesterday and when I went out this morning to get the paper, Tim was at door step.....nearly stepped on it......how terrible. [flapper]

Now, Tim is home, warm and cozy [flapper] [flapper]

img0575ir.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-04-29

img0577lx.jpg

img0578sf.jpg

img0579zm.jpg

img0580a.jpg

Tim was at door step.....nearly stepped on it......how terrible. [flapper]

Um, see those two shiny things, either side of the word "Tim"? Just a hint... you're supposed to step on it! [flapper]

Congrats on the NPD, I think I've seen a demo of this one somewhere (undoubtedly YouTube). But I'll look forward to one from you (yep, another one to add to the list!).

Congrats.....Are you going to also get the "Timmy" pedal ??? I see the "AquaPuss" box as well.....Nice simple analog delays..........

After playing the Tim, I went ahead and called Paul and place an order for Tim's little brother, Timmy. Man, talk about the most transparent OD, this is it. I like the built in effects loop on the Tim pedal, and the Aqua Puss sounds great in the loop. I will have a Timmy in about 4 months, but Paul mentioned his orders are starting to increase as his newest Tim pedal has an update that many are liking, notice the mini switch between the gain and bass knob. The older Tim pedals have a push/pull tone knob at the side, the newer ones does not have the push/pull tone knob and instead have the mini switch and added an extra clipping option that the older Tim pedals do not have.

Previous Model without the mini switch.

img0054vg.jpg

Um, see those two shiny things, either side of the word "Tim"? Just a hint... you're supposed to step on it! [flapper]

Congrats on the NPD, I think I've seen a demo of this one somewhere (undoubtedly YouTube). But I'll look forward to one from you (yep, another one to add to the list!).

LOL [thumbup]

Yea, I'm really getting backed up on my youtube demos. I have lots of demos I want to shoot, but I've been into making all these DIY pedals lately, now I'm on the third phase of my DIY pedal project......painting and putting some graphics on them. I've done a couple and made a mess on one of the pedals [crying] [crying] [crying]

Congrats on the new Tim - It really is a great pedal. Tim is my favorite pedal on my board and I use it for most of the songs we do. Well, depending on which guitar and amp I using too.

Again congrats!

Oh and from what understand when I spoke with Paul is the Timmy is a smaller version with less options than the Tim - So why get both?

Yes, the long awaited four months (Yes, that is how long the wait time is for the Tim Pedal) and my new Tim pedal was delivered at the front door yesterday. Jeeze... how terrible I am for forgetting about Tim and leaving Tim at the front door all night. I had forgotten to check the mail yesterday and when I went out this morning to get the paper, Tim was at door step.....nearly stepped on it......how terrible. [flapper]

Now, Tim is home, warm and cozy [flapper] [flapper]

So your pedals name is Tim?

Congrats on the new Tim - It really is a great pedal. Tim is my favorite pedal on my board and I use it for most of the songs we do. Well, depending on which guitar and amp I using too.

Again congrats!

Oh and from what understand when I spoke with Paul is the Timmy is a smaller version with less options than the Tim - So why get both?

Thanks! Loving the Tim as well, but I want a smaller version also to add to my collection and its $40.00 less than the bigger Tim. I'm a gear hoarder I guess. [flapper]

Very cool. I have one, too, but don't find it to be as transparent as people claim. I also don't like how the channels aren't independant. Four months isn't bad. The wait was 10 months for me.

That's why I won't be getting one......

There's also a reason why I have some disdain for the Klon Centaur and Dumble amplifiers.

Seriously, Robben Ford could plug into anything and get a great tone.

I don't see the hype of those things I mentioned, but the Tim/Timmy pedals sound great, but not for me. I'll stick with my Tube Screamers. Tried and true and they always work, especially since I use them to boost amp gain, even on high gain, hot-rodded Marshall style amps that you all know I love so much. Takes it from obscene to super obscene. So obscene, there would be a Parental Advisory sticker on my tone. That, and playing with great tone (in my ears. I'm probably making my gear sound subpar anyways....) at a reasonably high volume (to where the sustain is endless and my walls are shaking) gets me hot, if you know what I mean........

Congratulations on the pedal. Have fun with it, and make sure that it gets stomped on on a regular basis. Can't say the same for some of my boxes.... Mainly because I'm a lazy bastard, haven't had a real gig in a few months (My bassist and I still jam at a local bar. But I use their Laney AOR 50 head, 4x12 loaded with G-12 65s, and the owners 1979 Gibson GK-55!), and when I practice, I just plug straight in, cause' I'm lazy and most of my tone (aside from the hands and brain. Tone comes from hands. EVH makes the 5150 IIIs sound brown. And they're as brown as nothing. Really boxy if you ask me. But maybe Ed is the only one who doesn't want his old Brown Sound?) comes from the guitar and amp anyways, although I like some delay in the effects loop. And I like chorus too, because these days I'm jamming a lot of Rush, and more specifically, stuff from the ever-magical A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres albums. That should be the next throwdown on That Metal Show: Which Rush concept is more epic; The Cygnus X-1 Book I and Book II set, or 2112. And which one's the better instrumental: La Villa Strangiato or YYZ.

That's why I won't be getting one......

There's also a reason why I have some disdain for the Klon Centaur and Dumble amplifiers.

Seriously, Robben Ford could plug into anything and get a great tone.

I don't see the hype of those things I mentioned, but the Tim/Timmy pedals sound great, but not for me. .

Funny but I can take my Dumble clone into overdrive like Marshall and Mesa mayhem. It also has the ability to have smooth transparent gain because it is that versatile. The real beauty of the Dumble is the bloom effect that I have never heard on any other amp.

Funny but I can take my Dumble clone into overdrive like Marshall and Mesa mayhem. It also has the ability to have smooth transparent gain because it is that versatile. The real beauty of the Dumble is the bloom effect that I have never heard on any other amp.

Yes, if you're playing Santana/Ford type music, where you need to sing!

I don't care for Mesa either. Not my sound. Even the old Mark series (pre-Mark IV) amps like the IIC+ and the III, which I kind of like and wouldn't mind having, don't stand up to what a modded Marshall (like a Wizard, Friedman, or Cameron amp) or a Soldano or similar (like the Suhr/CAA amps, which I love, or Diezel, which I don't. And the 5150/6505 and the EVH 5150 III are similar, but they're like cheap Soldanos. They make noise, and they aren't touch sensitive to say the least.) can do for me. I guess if you want scooped Master Of Puppets type tone or the Petrucci tone, then there is nothing better in the world. But I'm less Metallica and more Lynch Mob...

I don't know how well known this is but the first incarnation of the Danelectro Cool Cal Transparent Overdrive was a direct copy of the Timmy's Overdrive and of course when this was found out they were hit with a cease and desist order but a few hundred or thousand managed to get sold-my buddy picked up a used one and it's deadly.I picked up a Series II and although not up to par with the first issue it is quite a great overdrive.

Archived