Gibson Brands Forums

SRV came to me in a dream, When i was playing a gig in a dream

FenderGuy1

I was playing a gig while i was asleep, When i started voodoo child, after the intro SRV walked on stage and started to jam with me O.o, he even brought up the bassist and drummer, and my god, that jam was like a dream, Eb tuning, fat strings and i got to play SRV's No. 1 Strat!

A good omen. Keep dreaming, and keep believing; I wish now that I'd had such dreams when I was young....but I just didn't. From experience I can tell you that no-one gets anywhere without those dreams and the self-belief that you evidently have. Best wishes.

Saw him in real life. I stood about 5 feet from him. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to dream!

I also saw him...front row during the couldn't stand the weather tour...was awesome and memorable

He played a concert here about 2 months before he was taken from us and I was literally so close I could've touched his alligator skin boots that he was wearing or robbed his Clyde McCoy-but where I already had one I didn't rob his...lol.I dreamt a few times that I was playing a monsterous keyboard with Jimi but it was't tuned to Eb hee hee hee.

Last night I had a dream I was living in dem00n's basement because he kept buying Chinese made guitars, further tanking the American economy and destroying any chance I have at collecting Social Security. Well at least we had some good jams (I just couldn't stand looking at that big green amp all day long).

Hey dem00n, can I get a beer down here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjRNPwy2Wcs

When I saw him he wasn't really that famous yet. He played at our university's Fallfest. It was a free show. The funny thing was that Cyndi Lauper played just before him. So all the teenie bop fan piled out of there because they didn't want to see SRV. I crawled on the grass and got right up to the stage. Blew me away.

When I saw him he wasn't really that famous yet. He played at our university's Fallfest. It was a free show. The funny thing was that Cyndi Lauper played just before him. So all the teenie bop fan piled out of there because they didn't want to see SRV. I crawled on the grass and got right up to the stage. Blew me away.

Was he super loud?

A fellow guitar slingin' friend of mine (he has been doing work on my Strat. But he's had the thing for like 2 friggin' months now! Doh!) named Pete saw him at an outdoor concert, and he had to leave cause it was so friggin' loud! He said Stevie was absolutely wonderful, but he was very loud. And he musta been loud because Pete's the loudest guitar player in town!

Well it was outdoors and I don't remember if he was that loud. All I could hear was the stage amps and the monitors. He was doing some killer feedback stuff and his Fenders were cranked. He played his Hamiltone guitar too, which I thought was neat because it was built in Buffalo and this concert was at the SUNY Buffalo.

Stevie wasn't hellishly loud when he played here but then again I was standing about 2 or 3 feet away from him and the stage volumes were comparatively low with the mountain of PA bins off to the sides.

Archived