Gibson Brands Forums

'68 SG Standard

Alphonse

I still think the idea of "Bridge" and "Neck" versions of pickups was still just an "idea" at the time. They just wound them to approximate outputs, and put them in. My '64 Melody Maker's pickups are 7.15K neck and 7.27K Bridge; Almost identical.

I still think the idea of "Bridge" and "Neck" versions of pickups was still just an "idea" at the time. They just wound them to approximate outputs, and put them in. My '64 Melody Maker's pickups are 7.15K neck and 7.27K Bridge; Almost identical.

I know it's pretty standard now for the bridge pick-up to be hotter than the neck. My SG sounds terrific! So I really don't care. I was amazed to find out that my Godin Session has the hottest bucker I own, topping out at 15Ohms. I know, it's a small factor in the actual overall sound but it's interesting.

I know it's pretty standard now for the bridge pick-up to be hotter than the neck. My SG sounds terrific! So I really don't care. I was amazed to find out that my Godin Session has the hottest bucker I own, topping out at 15Ohms. I know, it's a small factor in the actual overall sound but it's interesting.

I believe that the '73/'74 SG Standard was one of the first Gibson guitars to come equipt with a "Super Humbucker" in the bridge position. Prior to that, both humbuckers were the same.

Archived