Gibson Brands Forums

I come from the land of ice and snow

bonzoboy

When I woke up this morning I wondered why my hands were paining much more than usual,I looked outside and everything was covered with snow and of course the wet cold weather wreaked havoc on my hands so obviously my guitar will sit unplayed today.What a way to end the warmest April that we've had on record.Thankfully we only got 7 of the 10 cm. that they forecast.

Is it Northerlinessnousism or Altitude that brings it?

rct

Err . . . . .what's "Northerlinessnousism? "

I can break it up into "Northerliness" the condition of being in the north, or reacting or behaving as if is one is in the north, and nousism, the habbit of referring to oneself in the plural when giving opinions, e.g., "we are not amused" Therefore, Northerlinessnousism " = The northern mannerism of referring to one's self in the pluaral form when giving opinions? " However I can't get that to apply to the comment.

I feel for ya, I had the same thing last week, we went from 78 degrees on Friday to a foot of snow by Monday night. Pretty bad when you go from vacuming the pool to shoveling snow.

And when your done ya can't even play guitar due to the old "my hands don't work" phase of your life.

The general root cause of our horrendous weather is the fact that we're an island that's directly in the path of the frigid Labrador current and just North of the path of the Gulf Stream as it flows towards Europe.The cold Labrador Current collides with The Gulf Stream creating the thickest and most frequent fog in the world plus the heaviest rainfalls also but in the winter and cold weather this precipitation inevitably turns to snow.

The general root cause of our horrendous weather is the fact that we're an island that's directly in the path of the frigid Labrador current and just North of the path of the Gulf Stream as it flows towards Europe.The cold Labrador Current collides with The Gulf Stream creating the thickest and most frequent fog in the world plus the heaviest rainfalls also but in the winter and cold weather this precipitation inevitably turns to snow.

Oh holy crap yeah, latitude and not altitude. In my life, snow so late has always been someplace far from the Mid-Atlantic East Coast, and always a joyous occasion for us. Have driven through blizzard in June on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, same goes for up on the Trail Ridge Road.

So snow at this time is no joyous occasion for you, I hope it clears up at some point. I too get the weather blues in these old hands, I feel your pain, but not as bad.

rct

Archived