Gibson Brands Forums

i'm blastin out hendrix at 5:00 at night!

FenderGuy1

I was blastin' Stevie Rays' version of V/C on my way home from work @ 3:am...good stuff!!

i'm too old & busted up to be dancing around, but my spirit was jumping around like a rabid rabbit!!

well everything gets better with age right?

That's the way to do it!

I really love his version of Third Stone From The Sun (as I love Jaco's version!) too. Very spacey.

I have Are You Experienced? on VINYL and I love it! The title track is my favorite! Eric Johnson and Joe Bonamassa have done good covers of it.

That album has been my second vinyl gift so far this year (it was for Easter). The other one was one of my birthday presents (THE BIG ONE): The almighty KISS Ailve! I already had it on vinyl but my first copy isn't in very good condition and it is missing the second record. As is most of my other KISS vinyl, considering I got most of them from a friend's attic.

But when I got Are You Experienced? I really felt like a real guitar player!

One down, four more to go! (Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland, and Band Of Gypsies!)

Hey kaleb,don't forget Cry Of Love and Rainbow Bridge-two incredible albums.I believe that the human leech Janie hendrix has re released them both in a combined format as South Saturn Delta or some such thing. Songs such as Angel,In From The Storm,Dolly Dagger and the absolutely beautiful Drifting are just incredible and they demonstrate the new direction that Jimi's music was taking and the mature level that it had reached by becoming more and more introspective.

At the time of his death Jimi was about to embark on a new voyage with his music and spend less time with his theatrics and pyrotechnics so he could create more melodic and serious compositions.He certainly wasn't about to burn out as some people seem to take much joy in postulating but was about to go through his own musical Renaissance and create a form of his music that would've floored all his fans and possibly the world at large.

While we're talking Hendrix albums, one surely worth getting is "Hendrix Blues", a compilation of blues tunes he'd recorded over his career, most of which never released before. It could easily have stood on it's own being a blues oriented release while he was alive, it is really a remarkable album. If you're both a blues fan and a Hendrix fan, it really doesn't get any better!

Hey kaleb,don't forget Cry Of Love and Rainbow Bridge-two incredible albums.I believe that the human leech Janie hendrix has re released them both in a combined format as South Saturn Delta or some such thing. Songs such as Angel,In From The Storm,Dolly Dagger and the absolutely beautiful Drifting are just incredible and they demonstrate the new direction that Jimi's music was taking and the mature level that it had reached by becoming more and more introspective.

At the time of his death Jimi was about to embark on a new voyage with his music and spend less time with his theatrics and pyrotechnics so he could create more melodic and serious compositions.He certainly wasn't about to burn out as some people seem to take much joy in postulating but was about to go through his own musical Renaissance and create a form of his music that would've floored all his fans and possibly the world at large.

OF COURSE! Everybody loves Dolly Dagger!

If I remember correctly, he called Foxy Lady a "teeny-bopper song" or something like that.

And yes, Janie is a leech. Especially when she left out Jimi's brother, Leon, out of the Experience Hendrix stuff. I actually might jam with him in Seattle this summer!

If I ever had a chance to play on the Exp. Hendrix tour, my playing feeding Janie's pocket would be the only thing keeping me away (not saying it would ever happen).

"Brother" my ***. She was adopted by Al Hendrix for Pete's Sake!

Archived