Gibson Brands Forums

Possible Ebay Scam?

Eyecon

This sellers account has 600 items listed at once. Only 1 day auction for all items.. Ebay account hack is what I'm thinking. I reported to ebay yet the listing are still up with buyers bidding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Gibson-J-200-Acoustic-Guitar-/280874324152?pt=Guitar&hash=item41656a10b8#ht_10227wt_1066

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-J-200-Sunburst-Early-Bozeman-German-Maple-/280874324325?pt=Guitar&hash=item41656a1165#ht_7035wt_1048

That's a GOOD EYE!

Looking at any one of his ads (particularly the Gibson...I didn't look at all of them),I would say it is 100% legit AND the seller seems to be legitimate.

But 600 items at once? all with a one day auction? Why would a legit seller do that?

I also noticed that many of the photos for the items do not share the same background...like I might expect if they were all photographed at the same location. Obviously, they aren't. If a guy is using his own account as a sort of 'dealer' and listing things for other poeple, how on earth could a guy think to keep track of 600 listings, or expect to handle all of these sales at once?

I think fraud like what this looks like is actually in a way really smart. How would you catch him?

I think we have lost a lot with new technology and online transactions.

Don,t even have the time or effort to go through them all....but quite amazing as most seem to have bids....incredible!!! If any one here buys from him....let us know how it works out please...!

Don,t even have the time or effort to go through them all....but quite amazing as most seem to have bids....incredible!!! If any one here buys from him....let us know how it works out please...!

I think you've got a better chance of buying a late 40's SJ at an estate sale for $300 than you have of getting one of these J-200's. [biggrin]

Con artists and scammers work REALLY hard at ripping people off. If they only put in those same long hours doing something legit.

This hacker would have been smarter to do "Buy it Now" in lieu of auction. I don't believe the long arm of the law would even bother to catch this guy unless he steals mucho loot. Yes technology as good as it is, does have drawbacks.

the bids themselves could be fake to make it look more ligit... dodgey...

Archived