Gibson Brands Forums

J100 XTRA.....any love?

flatbaroque

Congrats on the J-100, and welcome to the forum- I can believe the full body sound you mention. . . those guitars are huge. The mahogany one that I had when first venturing into Gibsonland was not the mahogany J-45 on steroids sound I'd expected- the body size, shape,  and scale length saw to that. Maple would most likely be a better combo for those superjumbos.  

Enjoy your ngd weekend, and maybe favor us with a clip or a pic-

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 1

A Back From the Dead thread.  My wife owned a '94 J100XTRA when we married.  She had played it when new but did not move quick enough so missed out on it.  But the guy who bought it decided a couple of months later to bring it back to the store to trade in on a Martin.  When somebody told her it was back in the shop she dropped everything to run over.   She ended up snagging it for  $675 so the short delay actually saved her some cash.    It remained her only six string until we got married and she decided to claim my 1960 J200 for her own.