Gibson Brands Forums

sg standard coil split pu's & manual

cobie

the new guitar came with a general owners manual. is there something more specific to my guitar? I'd like to understand the coil split better. I got that model cause the standard wasn't avail and they gave @ same price.

also - there aren't pu covers on the pu's and my rt pinky hits them a lot. I'm afraid I'll wear the tape wrap around them out. can I put pu covers on? will it drastically affect the sound?

the new guitar came with a general owners manual. is there something more specific to my guitar? I'd like to understand the coil split better. I got that model cause the standard wasn't avail and they gave @ same price.

also - there aren't pu covers on the pu's and my rt pinky hits them a lot. I'm afraid I'll wear the tape wrap around them out. can I put pu covers on? will it drastically affect the sound?

covers will do little with the sound, but you could get unwanted feedback. But many put on covers with great results. The coil splittings just turn the humbucker to single coil.

covers will do little with the sound, but you could get unwanted feedback. But many put on covers with great results. The coil splittings just turn the humbucker to single coil.

I suppose that means 'pushed in'.

My SG has them as well, it's not a true "split" just a tap. To activate the tap the pot must be in the pulled or "up" position. You should be able to hear a very noticeable difference.

Archived