Gibson Brands Forums

Wow, I thought it was aspirin !

ol fred

Why the freak am I hearing Incense and Peppermints playing.

It's a bad flashhback from having watched "Psych Out" too many times, with that Strawberry Alarm Clock soundtrack.

" These are the Pleasure Lovers:

They'll ask for a dime with hungry eyes.....

But they'll give you love--FOR NOTHING!!!"

(Not exactly the high point in Jack Nicholson's film career.....Then again, maybe it was in some ways. It was just a year before Easy Rider. (1969))

It's a bad flashhback from having watched "Psych Out" too many times, with that Strawberry Alarm Clock soundtrack.

I did like the band name Mumblin' Jim. Gotta say though I still prefer "Riot on the Sunset Strip."

Hard to beat Mimsey's trip

Hard to beat Mimsey's trip

Hmmmmm.......

I seem to recall perching on a ledge outside my apartment window, hissing at people walking by below, thinking I was a gargoyle......

And walking down a street that seemed to stretch upward forever into a star-filled sky..... and that was years before Stairway to Heaven...

Don't think Mimsey ever walked through my door, however.

Oh well, at least we survived it all. More or less. With few lingering after-effects. Generally speaking......

I've been waiting 40 years for those flashbacks they promised me! Haven't had one yet [confused]

Nor did we have kids with tails because of the chromosome damage as we were assured.

I think we may lose the under 60 crowd in this thread the way it is going.

Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out.

Morpheus You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Yep, they tell you it is Aspirin and it is good for you and will cure your ills (Lou Reed quote), and then they leave you to make your own way home 100 miles from the headland where the band was holding hands in tears watching the sun come up over the ocean after the gig at the surf club...........

BluesKing777.

P.S. Does that picture/graphic flicker for everyone else?

Archived