Gibson Brands Forums

Who is this guy.......

Buc McMaster

My J-45 just happened to be in the right place at the right time, it seems. Jeremy called and said Ren had stopped in to say hello to his old comrades. He said he had Ren sign a new label for my guitar and asked me if I wanted it put in there...... Uh....lemme think......yeah! The 45 is back to it's former self with all traces of damage gone. Looks perfect......photos later......

My J-45 just happened to be in the right place at the right time, it seems. Jeremy called and said Ren had stopped in to say hello to his old comrades. He said he had Ren sign a new label for my guitar and asked me if I wanted it put in there...... Uh....lemme think......yeah! The 45 is back to it's former self with all traces of damage gone. Looks perfect......photos later......

Timing is everything......

that is sweeb Buc. My oJ was supposedly one that Ren worked on but it does not even have any kind of tag on it. I wonder if anyone signed it anywhere??? I know that Ren himself took it to Greg Boyd's place or that Greg got it from him...at least that is what he told me.

So, it's back already?

Is it too late to have Jeremy sign it too? (seems he deserves to have his name to it as well).

Regardless, THIS guitar represents what Gibson Montana is all about-poeple who CARE about what they make.

Arrived home this evening with the renovated J-45TV in tow, grinning ear to ear! It was only gone four weeks but it seemed so much longer. Ren autographed label, tiger stripe guard and all finish damage repaired perfectly. Oh and I weighed it on the postal scale at the office: 3.53 pounds........quite a light specimen of a J-45, I'd say. It's worn light gauge strings for the short while I've played it but, having really liked the DR Sunbeam .013s on the D-18, I strung it with a set of those for a trial.......and so far so great! Very nice feel, more punch and volume.

j45tiger.JPG

I took the instrument to the local shop back in March to have a new saddle and nut shaped and installed from blanks I bought from Colosi, and the luthier did a fine job with both. Fully intonated saddle and a terrific nut job. Unmentionable material all around - pins, saddle and nut. Very warm, creamy tone. Gawd but it's great to have this guitar home again!

j45bridge.JPG

Arrived home this evening with the renovated J-45TV in tow, grinning ear to ear! ....

Wow . . . great turn around time on that job. How about a pic of the back?

And quite the deal having Ren's autograph on your new label. Very sweet.

Glad this all worked out to your liking Buc. . B)

Burst seems darker than before.. just lighting, or is it darker?..I like it. Signature is pretty cool too! So I guess the Martin is asking the Bird..."Who's the FNG"?

Glad you got her back and in perfect shape.

That saddle is a work of art.

Sure is! The photo doesn't do it justice.........beautifully carved and shaped.

Burst seems darker than before.. just lighting, or is it darker?..I like it. Signature is pretty cool too! So I guess the Martin is asking the Bird..."Who's the FNG"?

Top was not refinished.......wet sanded and "TV'd" again. The back was stripped and reshot and is actually a bit more translucent than it was........the mahogany grain is more visible than it was. I like this fact.

Actually, the 45 is asking the H'Bird about the FNG......... [flapper]

Archived