Gibson Brands Forums

JCV: Martin Cash 35

Buc McMaster

As promised, I trekked to the guitar shop to inspect/checkout the Martin Johnny Cash D-35 they have in stock. Black, black, black.........can you say black? It sounds really nice with a very powerful bottom that the iPhone video doesn't capture - very strong low end. The trebles are there as well. Overall I'd say it's well balanced. Jim says they've had this one for quite awhile but there are no dents/dings or other store wear that is apparent. The next set is, in my experience, average. The saddle is tall with plenty of room to lower the action. In my book a good setup would make this guitar a fine player, and Jim said he would do that for you, no charge, if you want the guitar. He will also give you the "Buc Bonus Discount" price!!

New model Gibson showed up this week: J200M. A mini SJ200 with all the appointments of the big one in what is about the CJ165 size! Very cool! On the video after the Martin......... It's got the same throaty sound of the 165 I used to own in a very cool package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlvJuvBOpbo

cash2.jpg

Hey Buc,

I was wondering if JCV was gonna ask you to do that for him with the Cash 35. A short while back I checked a righty out at Elderly for him and I was impressed with it.

The J200M is very cool. Thanks for taking the time to show it too.

Hey Buc,

I was wondering if JCV was gonna ask you to do that for him with the Cash 35. A short while back I checked a righty out at Elderly for him and I was impressed with it.

The J200M is very cool. Thanks for taking the time to show it too.

yeah big thanks to Buc. you did a fine job even above and beyond !

thanks alot and I'll be deciding in the next couple of days.

JC

Archived