Gibson Brands Forums

The Live Album Poll PART II!!!!!

kaleb

Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81 or britsh steel 30 aniversery

BTW, it's "Is there anybody IN there".......

I'm sure British Steel 30th Anniversary is a great live record, but Unleashed In The East is THE Priest live record.

I got a one album by one group "policy". The only exception was when I swapped Exit Stage Left for All The World's A Stage.

MY personal Top 5 of quintessential live records are Rush Exit Stage Left, UFO Strangers In The Night, KISS Alive!, Allman Bros Live At The Filmore, and Live Johnny Winter And (by Johnny Winter.....).

I'm abstaining, waiting for Part XXVI... Okay, kidding. This time I voted for Johnny Winter. Some great stuff again. REO was a favorite back in "the day" for me (while they got big Nationally for a time, they were HUGE here in the Midwest for much longer, and we had LOTS of chances to see them both as openers and headliners, sometimes in the same weekend).

{Incidentally, a bit of REO trivia. REO Speedwagon was a vehicle manufactured by the REO Motor Car Company in the early through mid 1900s. REO were the Founder's initials, Ransom E. Olds, who earlier had founded (what would become) Oldsmobile. Olds was a Lansing Michigan based Company (the city where I grew up, though I was born in Detroit). The company later morphed into what became Diamond REO, a maker of heavy trucks, before going into bankruptcy in 1975. I used to canoe up the Grand River from my Parents last house in the area, and hang out with friends at the burned out hulk of what was once the REO Mansion. Good times I tell ya! Wooded area, was a great place to hang out and down a few beers ;)}

Odd that I don't think I've ever heard the listed James Gang live LP, especially when you consider that the James Gang was my first "real" concert (I was 13) and I was a huge fan. Even played Funk #49 and Walk Away as two of my first Rock songs when I took up the electric guitar, and they remained in my repertoire throughout the 1970's. Probably haven't heard all of the others either, and so I probably should make an effort to, considering the great taste of those hanging out here!

FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE one of the biggest selling live recordings of all time! [thumbup] The first album I owned too.

It stayed on the chart for 97 weeks and was still #14 on Billboard's 1977 year-end album chart.

It was in my original poll in case you didn't know.

Archived