Gibson Brands Forums

Have any of you used SKB guitar cases for travel??

onewilyfool

I've been finding the tan version for $199 online and the black version is showing up for $299, but no one seems to have the black one in stock. I'll be checking back for feedback as well because this case is on my short list for my J-45.

I've been finding the tan version for $199 online and the black version is showing up for $299, but no one seems to have the black one in stock. I'll be checking back for feedback as well because this case is on my short list for my J-45.

These are the prices I'm seeing too, and that is very reasonable IMHO

I'm impressed. That is what I'm looking for. I find that brand new cases have a noxious odor. One way to get rid of the odor is to put cedar shavings in a perforated bag and let it sit closed for a week. Found out the hard way if you just pour them in you'll never get all the little bits out of the case fur. Any other Brand New Case deodorizing techniques?

I'm impressed. That is what I'm looking for. I find that brand new cases have a noxious odor. One way to get rid of the odor is to put cedar shavings in a perforated bag and let it sit closed for a week. Found out the hard way if you just pour them in you'll never get all the little bits out of the case fur. Any other Brand New Case deodorizing techniques?

Open container of bicarbonate of soda works, although you have to place the case in a position where the baking soda can't spill, or you will have a holy mess on your hands. Also helps just to leave the case open for a couple of weeks after you get it. Smell is probably from the adhesives used to assemble the case and glue in the liner.

Archived