Gibson Brands Forums

Advanced Jumbo

SurfingWombat

Hi,

i have a question about the stock Gibson AJ. It seems to be discontinued? I can only find die Pro Version on the Homepage.

I just ordered one from Thomann Germany. I love the appointments on it! How would you compare it to the J-45 Standard? I think i am a rosewood guy... i have a standard d-28 and i hope they are differnt enough to keep ´em both.

Regards Georg

UPDATE : I got it!

dsc0023vg.jpg

It is not discontinued. It is a 5-star exclusive (though some GCs get them) so they don't put it on the webpage.

It will be different from the D28. less boomy, more zing. it still has plenty of bass and volume. It is built lighter than a D28.

it will be VERY different from the J45. they only look similar. Woods, bracing, and scale length are all different. The AJ will be much more responsive, percussive, and louder. as to what you will like? only your ears can tell. I love mine!

Advanced jumbo will wipe the floor with a d28 hands down. Not as bassy, but has more volume. Had a guy drown my d28 out with a AJ then asked to trade. I sent him home with a new Martin and I kept the AJ. Never looked back. Now guys are pullin chairs up closer trying to be heard over a Gibson. Quite entertaining

It will be different from the D28. less boomy, more zing. it still has plenty of bass and volume. It is built lighter than a D28.

thats what i hope! i really love my d-28 it is not as boomy because of the straight braces.. very focus i like it alot. Suit my voice well...

What i like on the aj is the responsiveness ...very loud with light touch.

I found this in the tube... man you have to see this guy playing the aj... i think he deserves much more views and fame, very talented what do you guys think??

I've had my AJ for nearly ten years, and it still blows me away every time I listen to something that I record. In hand it is simply a tone monster.bI bought an Olson as an investment, but I'm often tempted to just sell it. My AJ does anything that I could hope for, i sometimes want a Brazilian AJ just to see if it is that much better. I love playing Uncle Tupelo tunes on my AJ. It just plain makes me smile when I play it. If you get one and find YOUR strings you will keep it unless you're going to love it and keep it. Fantastic guitar, and I think it's Gibson's best effort.o

Just confirmed my order for the last production limited edition of the 75th anniversary advanced jumbo to be delivered early to mid July. #75 of 75. I have never owned a gibson acoustic before and I am totally pumped about this. Is there anyone out there who owns one of these who can enlighten me about their choice of strings etc? When I played the standard AJ in Tucson a couple months ago comparing it to a martin hd-28V the jumbo blew it away in my opinion. When I found this dealer with an order for the last one in production I just had to have it. A lot of $$ but you only go around once, right? A sort of early retirement present to myself. Interested in hearing from anyone about this limited edition AJ.

Just confirmed my order for the last production limited edition of the 75th anniversary advanced jumbo to be delivered early to mid July. #75 of 75. I have never owned a gibson acoustic before and I am totally pumped about this. Is there anyone out there who owns one of these who can enlighten me about their choice of strings etc? When I played the standard AJ in Tucson a couple months ago comparing it to a martin hd-28V the jumbo blew it away in my opinion. When I found this dealer with an order for the last one in production I just had to have it. A lot of $$ but you only go around once, right? A sort of early retirement present to myself. Interested in hearing from anyone about this limited edition AJ.

Congratulations! I have played 2 that we had around the shop. One of them was bought by an employee immediately when it came in. These are beautiful guitars... looks and sound!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived