Gibson Brands Forums

HNGQ+

I bought 4 guitars since the end of December. I haven't posted photos on here so I think I'm way overdue. I hope you enjoy them though I'm an awful photographer so bare with me on the quality. Happy new guitar quarter plus a couple months!

First up, my most recent purchase. An exchange for my 2012 Fireball LP, a Light Burst Std:

019.jpg

017.jpg

I had originally bought the new 2012 in Fireball, here it is:

IMG952552.jpg

A few weeks ago, I bought a 2006 PRS Custom 24 with a 10 top off a guy on Craigslist. It's got a few marks here and there but the top is awesome IMO:

012.jpg

024.jpg

My first and only acoustic. A Seagull Rustic Entourage I bought from a music store liquidation back in March.

016.jpg

And finally, my LP Traditional in Ice Tea Burst I got back in December:

001.jpg

003.jpg

The three electrics together:

030.jpg

crikey thats a nice collection. Im still looking to get my first acoustic, Ive still never bought one because I've always figured that whats the point because I wouldnt be able to play it as well as an electric. But I shall at some point get one

Killer! Why did you return the 2012 Fireball? I have been GASing for a Fireball.

I'm with Fingers.... Why did you return the fireball? :-k

I've answered this in a couple other threads but basically I just wasn't in love with her after taking her home. I figured I'd be too paranoid about swirling on the black back. Also, if I'm paying for AAA maple cap, I'd like to see the grain on the edges as well.

Also, I should mention, that Fireball photo is slightly altered. It was taken on my lady's iPhone using one of those photo apps. It was edited to enhance the color and it REALLY made the red 'pop'.

Nice collection but ....ah ah ah [-X no p-90's in there....may I suggest an SG Standard with p-90's..I have one and I highly recommend it. [thumbup]

dennis_nedry.gif

"Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word, ah ah ah."

I've considered P-90s before however the coil-taps on the new LPs take care of that. Besides, I can't justify buying anymore guitars for quite awhile.

4 in 5 months - yep !! that's some serious GAS buddy!!

[thumbup]

!!Nice axes!!

I love that Tea burst finish!

I give +1 for Rowdy's comment, p90s are smokin! I know what you're getting at with the coil spliter, but I think the p90s are still gonna sound diff.

Rock ON!

4 in 5 months - yep !! that's some serious GAS buddy!!

[thumbup]

!!Nice axes!!

I love that Tea burst finish!

I give +1 for Rowdy's comment, p90s are smokin! I know what you're getting at with the coil spliter, but I think the p90s are still gonna sound diff.

Rock ON!

The coil splitting takes off only about 40-60% of the inactive coil so it is hum-reducing. I was told by the dealer that this would produce a sound more similar to a P-90 than a single coil. I don't have a P-90 guitar so I can't A/B them to confirm. Though I can say that the LP doesn't sound much like my single coil Strat.

Archived