Gibson Brands Forums

Safe to connect multiple speakers to a Valve Jr head?

Hi everyone, I have a Valve Jr Head that I purchased a couple of years ago. I also have two 16ohms speakers that came from a Marshal Lead 12 amp. I always connect 1 of the speakers to my Valve Jr, but I want to know if it's safe to plug another 16ohm speaker into the 8ohm or 4ohm port?

Hi everyone, I have a Valve Jr Head that I purchased a couple of years ago. I also have two 16ohms speakers that came from a Marshal Lead 12 amp. I always connect 1 of the speakers to my Valve Jr, but I want to know if it's safe to plug another 16ohm speaker into the 8ohm or 4ohm port?

Here's a pretty good article that may answer your question.

Speaker Hookup

• 1 month later...

I use two epi cabs at 16 ohms.. I just made a new panel for one of them.. so it's 16ohm cab plugged into the panel.. and then 8 ohms coming out.

I can make you one if you want.

Archived